Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Remember talking years ago with my deaf SIL on Old TTY. My wife has been talking with her face to face over the Computer. :thumb:

big rockpile

Reactions: Mme_Pickles

·
My name is not Alice
4,185 Posts
I always was impressed with TTY as a fine example of "necessity is the mother of invention". For it's time, it was pretty cool. In (unfortunately) not too many years, the internet will feel quaint and we will have brain implants that let us ping thoughts to each other...

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I always was impressed with TTY as a fine example of "necessity is the mother of invention". For it's time, it was pretty cool. In (unfortunately) not too many years, the internet will feel quaint and we will have brain implants that let us ping thoughts to each other...
I'm afraid of something like that

·
Premium Member
5,256 Posts
That's the way it is with my sister who is totally deaf. We communicate over the computer with each other. My sister wouldn't use the old TTY. She always said it was more headache than it was worth. I'm so thankful that we can now communicate with each other. Same thing with Closed Caption. In the early years it was more bother than it was worth. Now it's so much better. There are times when the text is all wrong but for the most part, my sister is able to watch and enjoy tv.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts