Time is short

Discussion in 'Country Singletree' started by Summerdaze7, May 13, 2018.

1. Summerdaze7

Summerdaze7 Member

What are we going to do with it?? I am SO surprised that I am 61 yrs old! I don' feel old, but yet, I guess I am! I would like to do a whole lot of things if only I had someone to do them with!!! Are you ready to begin a whole new chapter in your life???

COSunflower, kinnb, Twp.Tom and 2 others like this.
  2. elevenpoint

elevenpoint Well-Known Member

Reminds me of that song
    Time marches on....

3. newfieannie

newfieannie newfieannie Supporter

61 that's nothing! age is just a number. I feel better than I ever did! I did mention before I think I'm aging backwards which is what my son said also yesterday. he's still tackling the steps when I'm up long ago. (course he smokes and I never have)

I kwym though. be good to have a partner. all the work I can do myself but would be good to have someone to run things by at the end of the day. or sit back and admire the garden etc. on the other hand for me the longest is probably short. ~Georgia

4. GTX63

GTX63 Well-Known Member

Make everyday count.
    Know when you lay your head down at night you accomplished something.
    Thank God for that days breath.

5. Echoesechos

Echoesechos Well-Known Member

Love the last line. Impactful

6. Oxankle

Oxankle Well-Known Member

Summerdaze; at 61 you are just entering the prime of retirement age. At 61 I had just retired, bought a small farm and put some cattle on it. Here, almost 26 years later, I am on a tiny homestead next to a lake with a condo in town to tend on week-ends. Make those years count, enjoy every one of them.

As for "someone to enjoy them with", advice is worthless. You have to choose carefully and then make what you've chosen work. Here on this board we've seen disasters--women who sold out and moved away to be with a man who turned out to be worthless. We've seen the charming vagabond who wound up in jail, we have seen good matches that last. You takes your pick and the chances that go with that. Cull, cull, cull.

nehimama and Susan Mary like this.
  7. tiffanysgallery

tiffanysgallery Well-Known Member Supporter

I guess, if I think about it, yes, time is short, and we're not promised tomorrow. Probably why I do what I have to do for the day, and then go do what I really want to do. I don't wait for someone to come into my life so to do things with, I just go do them. ;)

nehimama and COSunflower like this.
  8. Sourdough

Sourdough Well-Known Member

HELL......YES, "If you got the money honey, I got the time".
    Might have to wait till late fall..................
    :rolleyes::rolleyes:

nehimama, COSunflower and roadless like this.
  9. COSunflower

COSunflower Country Girl Supporter

I agree Summerdaze - time just goes by TOO fast!!! I am 64 and next year will be Medicare age! Seems like only yesterday I was 16 and wanting to hurry up and graduate so that I could get my own place!!!! LOL!!!

nehimama and roadless like this.
  10. Echoesechos

Echoesechos Well-Known Member

All I wanted was to 21 and legal. Someone didn’t get that darn memo. Didn’t have as much fun as I thought after I turned 21 either. Lol

COSunflower and nehimama like this.
  11. Oxankle

Oxankle Well-Known Member

The ten years between high school and getting a real, full-time, nobody-shooting-at- you, enough-money-to-live-on-and-get-married type job were the hardest.

COSunflower and nehimama like this.
  12. frogmammy

frogmammy Well-Known Member Supporter

I had a plaque that I bought in my early 20's carried around for over 40 years. Guess I actually BELIEVED in it. It said:

"Look to this day for it is life, the very LIFE of life. In its brief course lie all the realities of existance."

Time, and plenty of moves finally took its toll and the plaque was nearly unreadable when I sent it on its way. I will always carry the message with me.

Mon

vickinell, COSunflower and nehimama like this.
  13. motdaugrnds

motdaugrnds II Corinthians 5:7 Supporter

Hmmmmm well the "time is short" doesn't quite fit for me. Though up in years (mid 70s) I could care less about time relative to my own life span. However, making each day count is a worthwhile venture that is life sustaining; and walking by faith in a God of Love keeps my spirits high. Feeling 16 yrs again much of the time...except when I start getting out of a chair or working ROFL...then I have to recognize the fact this old body is not what it use to be. LOL And it would definitely be nice having a man around to share my TIME with; however, so far every man I've spent any time with the last few years has proven to have undisclosed traits I cannot admire; so my choice is to remain alone. And yes being alone does make life hard relative to keeping up a homestead, working a garden and tending animals; however, the PEACE here is undeniably a gourmet meal that keeps me looking forward with joy and hope and, most importantly, TRUST in my Heavenly Father who has never once let me down.

vickinell and COSunflower like this.
  14. Clem

Clem Realist

My buddy, who is exactly my age, went to the doctor for his regularly scheduled "wellness exam"

After a lot of tests, the doctor called him in and told him, "Sorry, Gary, but we've ran all these tests, and you have an incurable, fatal disease. And about 3 months to live."

Gary was all tore up, as you can well imagine. "I expected to live another 15 years, based on life expectancy charts. Isn't there any medicine in trials, or something?"

"Well, there is something we can try" the doctor answered. He told him to stop smoking, stop drinking, stop having sex, and under no circumstance eat any of his favorite foods. Drink 2 bottles of Citrate of Magnesia per day.

Gary was writing it all down. And, if I do that, will I live the 15 years I expect?"

The doctor replied "No. You'll die within 3 months. But it will seem like 15 years"

It's better to realize that the time in your life is subjective.

roadless, COSunflower and RichNC like this.