Tierd and Grumpy

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by big rockpile, Jul 1, 2006.

1. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

Well finally got the Backhoe Guy out to look about fixing us up with Septic System at the Cabin.Well he said basically it couldn't be done because it is solid rock.It could but for way more than the place is worth.

We did find another Refrigerator,Table and Cook Stove.

We spent the night up there because the Wifes Tracker quit on her.It was close to where the Cabin is.We had to meet the Backhoe Guy today.So we just had Tow Truck take it in up there and we spent the night.

Traffic was bad,I was very tierd.We get almost back home my wife said the Son was Camped on the river and she wanted to go find him :rolleyes: So we go the back roads to where he was suppose to be,thousands of Tents,Campers and people.Drove her up and down the river. :shrug: Like I told her,there is no way that we was going to find him.

Well tomorrow is another day and I know my Father wiil not put more on me than I can handle.

big rockpile

2. big rockpile

Oh I almost foregot I stopped helped a couple Ladies that had Car trouble,one gave me a picture of Richard Petty she had taken at Riverside :dance:

big rockpile

3. busybee870

busybee870 Well-Known Member

you can too have a septic system. i live on rock too, and im doing the mound type

4. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

what is the mound type please?

5. Freeholder

Freeholder Well-Known Member

Is a septic system required? Or could you do a composting toilet and a graywater system?

Kathleen

6. big rockpile

Looking into composting toilet.But it has to be a Commercial one.Has to be approved.

big rockpile

7. 3dogmom

3dogmom Well-Known Member

Hang in there big rockpile. You're probably twice as tired from hearing the negative answer on the septic tank. We have a high water table and if land won't perk they just do a mound system like Busybee said. Composting toilets look like a good option too. I know you'll find the soution. Get some rest.

8. BeckyW

BeckyW Well-Known Member

Bigrockpile, up in Red Feather Lakes (Larimer County) all septic systems are contained and required to be pumped out once a year - no perculation allowed. It's one of the very few pristine water locations in the nation and regulations are very strict to keep it that way. I mention this only because you might see if a contained system isn't your best option. Pumping/disposal costs about $500. Chalk it up to the cost of doing business, I guess.

I know some of the mountain counties are very strict about greywater systems as in they do not allow them on permit (what you do after finals, well.....). I'd go have a talk with the building department before I specified a greywater system in the filed plans.

We've been pondering some land in Park County and considered the same situation you are in. They aren't called the the Rocky Mountains for nothin'. We figured a composting toilet was our best option - and yes, we too were looking at the higher volume ones figuring the county would probably require that. A lot of regulations on the Front Range. Please keep us posted on the solution you find. And our hearty wishes for finding one that fits your budget.
    BW

9. big rockpile

BeckyW we was looking into just a Holding Tank that would have to be pumped.But he said he would have to go 7 foot deep.He said it would cost way too much to bust up that much rock.Then still have to buy the Tank.

Plus its in a Subdivision where there is all kinds of regulations.

big rockpile