Thursday morning weigh-in Nov. 17

Discussion in 'Weight Loss Forum' started by mammabooh, Nov 17, 2005.

1. mammabooh

mammabooh Metal melter Supporter

Just thought I'd re-start the thread from the other forum.

I lost a pound over the week. I've been drinking a gallon of water every day and doing my exercises...now up to 35 minutes on the treadmill and 15 minutes of tummy work every day (just Monday-Friday). I can tell that I am slimming a bit through the hips, upper back, and my face...hurrah!!!!

My plan for the next week is to start doing some sprinting on the treadmill and to maybe add a few free weights for my arms. I gain muscle REALLY quickly, so that will probably slow down the weight loss. That's O.K...156 and tightly toned is better than 156 and flabb-o!

What about everyone else?

2. heather

heather Well-Known Member

Well, I'll start at the Wailing Wall

This was my birthday week & went out to eat 3 nights in a row! It was yummy and fun, but not good for weight loss progress!!

I hope to do better this week and get back on my routine before Thanksgiving hits! :grit:

3. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

180.5 this morning, down a couple of pounds from last week.

I'm taking the stairs at the office (no great sacrifice, the elevator is a scary ride to the second floor), and finding ways to take extra steps as I go about my day.

Now that I've succeeded in dropping a couple pounds, I feel more motivated to keep going. While others are packing on the holiday pounds, I'll be taking only small tastes of many different things...

I think it was a great idea to start this forum/support group on here! Not only will I survive the holidays, I'm on my way to being LOTS healthier!

Pony!

4. JazzyJudi

JazzyJudi Member

287.5 I've lost 30 pounds over the last 10 monthes. I couldn't believe how much better I feel. No more aching knees, I can get out of chairs easier and have more energy. Unfortuantly, I've really been lax latley and have actually gained back 4 pounds :grit: . this forum sounds like just what I need to get back on track without haveing to spend the $$ to go back to weight watchers. Anyone else doing the points system?
    Judi

5. MelissaW

MelissaW Well-Known Member

Well, I just weighed myself and I was 128. My "Fightin' weight" is 125, but I also want to tone up. My BMI is only 21 1/2, but I still think I look too soft. How often should we weigh in?

6. JazzyJudi

JazzyJudi Member

Hey Pony,
    I would think weekly weigh ins would be be good. Since we started on Thursday is Thursday good for eveybody?
    Judi

7. mammabooh

This forum was started (I think!) because Heather asked Chuck for it (maybe other folks did too...I don't know). Anyway, a bunch of us have been at it for a little over a week and the plan is to post updates at least every Thursday...sometimes more often. If you want to read about all of us, the threads are in the Homesteading forum. Someone more computer literate than I am (and those that have that power) could maybe move the threads here.

8. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

Sadly I must report I weight the same as I did last week. Of course I have not done much to lose weight (unless thinking about it all the time counts!). I will not give up--I will slay this dragon.

9. Pony

Pony Well-Known Member Supporter

Yeah, that's what we agreed on last week.

Wish I knew how to transfer the other threads over... But you can find them if you do a search.

Now, I must stick to my plan and get off my spatially superior posterior. ;)

Onward and DOWNward!

Pony!

10. bachelorb

bachelorb Well-Known Member

Today 238. Thank goodness weigh in next week is before thanksgiving dinner!!!

11. Maura

Maura Well-Known Member Supporter

I weigh 137.5 pounds. A disappointment, but not unexpected.

No more french fries.

It is gun deer hunting season and I am scared to go for my walk. There are vehicles on the road that do not belong to my neighbors, and much of my walking area has deer in it. I'll try taking a more boring route today. I've got to get in my daily walk or I am lost.

It snowed yesterday. It is cold. Hay gets delivered this afternoon, so at least I will get some exercise pitching hay. Well, lifting and tossing hay bales. Oops, gotta start carrying water too.

12. jessandcody

jessandcody Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm not ready to state the actual number, but I will say I've only gained 4 pounds in 4 months of pregnancy. WOO HOO!

13. Jaclynne

Jaclynne Well-Known Member Supporter

I haven't gotten any excerise this week since I feel last Saturday and hurt my knee again. Plus, we were out of town and ate out three times last week, although we've been very conservative since home.

But I had to take my winter coat off to do the weigh-in and - tadaaaaaa- I've lost 3 lbs. I guess shivering is good excerise! :)

Halo

14. Northumberland

Northumberland Well-Known Member

I was late starting, just started on Monday but decided to weigh in to-day to get in step with everybody else . I am so happy that I have lost five pounds with just a couple of changes. No eating after 6:00 at night and last night was the first night I wanted to get out of bed and come down and get something to eat. Eating breakfast another change - have been having a toasted nine grain bun with cinammon sugar on it cause I read somewhere that 1/4 tsp. cinammon everyday was good to lower your blood pressure. Don't have high blood pressure and thought it might be a good preventive and even if it isn't I love cinammon toast. The third and last thing I did was quit taking sugar in my coffee, am using Stevia, can't say I like it but will stick with it. For the next week I will do all of the above but will try the cinammon toast with Splenda instead of sugar and start out slowly and do the treadmill everyday. I wish we had a recipe section to post our best Weight Loss recipes. Have a great week everybody, we can all do this and so nice to have lots of support.

15. Melissa

Melissa member

I am trying to lose five pounds a month. I lost five in October, and so far in November I have lost three.

16. mtmama

mtmama Well-Known Member

Last week, I weighed 215, today I am 214. Not much loss, but I'll take it! I went to my stability ball and band class last night, and hope to get in a walk today, but have lots of house work and a cake to bake for my DS birthday. Hopefully, I'll be able to resist the temptation to eat any!!!!

17. holleegee

holleegee Well-Known Member

I'd like to join!! I guess a week late isn't to bad. My plan is limiting portion sizes, excercise and lots of water. Thanks for all of your support!

18. angelak

angelak Well-Known Member

Last Thurs. I was at 175#. We picked up a treadmill this weekend and I have been on it for an hour every day this week. I just weighed myself before typing this and I've lost a grand total of 1 pound. I think I need to be more careful about what and how much I'm eating.

Angela

19. mammabooh

Good job Everyone! Keep it up!

One thing that has been helping me (it's mental, I know) is to tell myself I'm ADDING things to my diet instead of taking things away. For instance, I've added whole grains and lean protein instead of saying that I'm staying away from bad carbs and high-fat meats. It helps to keep a positive attitude.

I have a whole grains cookbook and decided to try one of the recipes last night. It was just steamed millet. Anyway, I only served myself about 1/2 cup of the stuff, but I was so full from that, that I didn't eat the rest of my supper! I had more this morning for breakfast and was filled up pretty quickly again. It doesn't taste all that great, but if it can keep me from wanting to eat junk, I'm all for it! For lunch, I had a ham and cheese roll-up, some raw carrots, and a HUGE bowl of cooked spinach (I LOVE spinach!!!).

I got my exercising done for the day and have ingested 64 ounces of water so far. So far so good!

20. Miz Mary

Miz Mary Well-Known Member Supporter

Last week I was 154, today 150 !!! Add a morning workout of 30 minutes, and watching portion control........did you know French onion soup ( onions in broth, slice of french bread on top, sprinkle with swiss chess- broil ) is only 122 calories ??!!! YUM !
    I actually did 100 crunches today !!!

WE can do this together guys - the key is sharing and helping others !!!!!