Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Its not funny. I blew out the side of my left thumb working on the pickup. The DW has no sympathy. This breaks my heart. I'm disabled now.....

How do you guys get a break?

Registered
Its not funny. I blew out the side of my left thumb working on the pickup. The DW has no sympathy. This breaks my heart. I'm disabled now.....

You sure? Tell more about how it happened because it might be.馃榿

Include pics if possible.

Registered

From the DW??? Never did... that's why I have 3 ex's ;):eek:o_O

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You sure? Tell more about how it happened because it might be.馃榿

Include pics if possible.
This is bad. It was all bloody this morning. I could get tetanus regardless of previous shots. I redressed it this afternoon and it has quit leaking. I may be safe for now.

The DW has had absolutely no sympathy. Dang, it was her pickup.

Carnivore Gesture Finger Wood Nail

• Sad
Reactions: Pony

Registered
Sorry you were injured. It a little fuzzy but it looks like you got somebody there in the background to give you some sympathy (that is a little pug ain't it?)

Reactions: Pony

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm changing out rear leaf springs. I dunno, it just happened. The pug is sympathetic. But he's a guy.

Registered
Not sure what this guy was up to. Looks like he was asking for it.

Registered
Not sure what this guy was up to. Looks like he was asking for it.
It appears he was trying to demonstrate ladder safety. If a ladder is properly set up you should be able to lean all the way back and all the way to each side without the ladder moving. I think he demontrated more how not to do it than how to do it properly 馃憦

Registered
It appears he was trying to demonstrate ladder safety. If a ladder is properly set up you hould be able to lean all the way back and all the way to ech side without the ladder moving. I think he demontrated more how not to do it than how to do it properly 馃憦
Either way, I think we all learned something...and got a good laugh in the process. 馃榿

Reactions: homesteadforty

Registered
Neither of the first two guys bothered to clear the leaves off their deck before setting up the ladder.
It doesn't matter how grippy the feet are on the ladder; if what they are on can slide, the ladder can slide.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Its not so bad but the timing is for sure. Suspension work of an older rig is such a PITB. For sure you'll end up with some skin missing somewhere.

Registered
What were you doing that she told you not to?

Usually the only time I'm unsympathetic ;)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts