Those #&^$# plastic insulators!

Discussion in 'Pigs' started by Firefly, Sep 6, 2006.

1. Firefly

Firefly Well-Known Member

After being a pain to mount (hard to pound the nail with the plastic in the way), now I want to relocate them and can't get them off the post! Is there a way to pry them off without breaking the plastic?

They are yellow, ~3" long, a large nail goes through 2 holes to mount them to a wooden post, and they have that square S-shaped slider thingie to slip electric tape through. (Sorry, men! :rolleyes: )

2. CountryMamaof5

CountryMamaof5 Well-Known Member

LOL you describe things just the way I do LOL

I haven't bought my first insulator yet so I cannot help you! Good luck though lol

3. Laura Workman

Laura Workman (formerly Laura Jensen) Supporter

You can use a two-headed nail for installation. Other than that, it's pretty much a permanent installation. I've never gotten one off undamaged. If you pry it off over the nailhead, though, you can put it back on using a nail with a bigger head or a small washer.

4. Steve L.

Steve L. Well-Known Member

Use a 3" thick block of wood as a 'step' for your hammer, so you can get the hammer's claws between the nail head and the insulator. If you drove the nails in so far that you can't get the claws in, remember to not do that next time, or use the scafold (double-headed) nails that Laura suggested.