Those in the path of hurricane Dennis.

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Corky, Jul 10, 2005.

1. Corky

Corky Well-Known Member

If you are in the path of Hurricane Dennis I hope you either are not able to read this as you are gone and your goats are out in the biggest pasture you have or you are reading this from your laptop in some nice comfy motel room, way,way inland! (and your goats are out in the biggest pasture you have).:)

I can't help thinking of the person that wrote the article in Countryside about serviving Ivan and I know she is again in harms way, only worse this time.
    This thing is a dang cat 4 now!!!
    If you are one of those in harms way please let us know how you are as soon as you can read this. OK??? :(

2. cricket

cricket Well-Known Member

I've managed to post a diary of sorts on the poultry forum. We survived and are headed back in the morning. We live in Summerdale which is about 20 min no of the beaches and sits midway between Mobile and Pensacola.

Our neighbor called us - they stayed - and said that they turned out the turkeys and goats and everything is fine. We didn't lose power even! We have some debris down and we'll probably spend a few hours cleaning up but we'll be back to work Tues am.

We came to Montgomery and stayed with my mom and had worse conditions here than what they had at home. And, of course, no one here is conditioned for this type of weather so everyone here is freaking out. Oh well.

Thank you for your concern. I'm also praying for those that we haven't heard from...especially those that I know are east of me.

3. chris30523

chris30523 Well-Known Member

I hope everyone in the path is ok.Thought we would be in for a time after Ivan but other than rain(which we are still getting)and wind we are fine.Georgia is becoming a rain forest this year because of the rain.The goats are getting webbed feet.They are having trouble keeping up with the weeds.They should be fine for the summer but it has been impossible to cut hay.