Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
North of the Hi-Line
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...some heat may be coming your way! We went from about -40 to now (Friday the 16) 25 above in only a few days. We have a severe wind warning right now and it's already blowing like mad. They say it may make +30 this coming week here and may set some records for this time of year. It looks like half of North Dakota is now getting this warm up to, and I suspect that this warmth is gonna travel right down to the Midwest. Maybe it will blow over to MN and WI too, I don't know. I about wet myself when I went out to start the pickup this morning without even a jacket!

I do think that a lot of you will have some warmth within a day or too. Hope this little headsup helps some of you stuck in the cold. :goodjob:

·
North of the Hi-Line
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I heard Fairbanks was 48 the other day! They say it will cool down up there soon though, sorry friend.

This morning it is above freezing right now, and frost is coming out of all the roads. You honestly don't need a coat if your out for a little while. This is nuts, but I am loving it. Wheres this warm front hitting now? Anybody?

·
Katie
19,970 Posts
It's supposed to blow over to Michigan too, Thank Goodness. Our weather man said these temp's we've been having this week are the coldest in 2 years. I'm ready for 30 degree's, it will be like a heat wave around here too!
Yeah, it's blowing pretty hard here today too, I think they said 25-30 mile an hour winds & up to 9 inches of snow for us today.

·
CF, Classroom & Books Mod
9,934 Posts
HERE!! HERE!! ITS HERE!!!! Southern Manitoba!!!!

26F here today ---- YAAAAAYYYY!!! Spring is coming, spring is coming, spring is coming..... ;)

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
30 degrees here!!! yippeee! I took my coat off after about 5 minutes of chores. Everybody (all my critters) look so relieved. The wind is really blowing and I sure wouldn't want to drive today...but I am HAPPY!!! :)

·
Accidental Farmer
14,837 Posts
its supposed to reach 25 today!!!! brandi actually let me walk her today, which means no accidents to scrub out of the carpet today YAY!!!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Yesterday it was -31 degrees F and today it is +25 degrees F but we have a 30 MPH wind and yesterday was still. The 56 degree warmup doesn't feel like it. I was looking forward to the warmup but the forecasters keep lowering the predicted temps and by the time next week gets here it won't be a warmup. April is only ten weeks away. Yeah!

·
North of the Hi-Line
1,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I just got back from a 350 mile round trip today. Going, the roads were all poor, but coming back the temp was just high enough to clear off the highways about 80%. In ND I saw the temp at 34, and there was even a touch of slush to fight with. The wind is still roaring all around this country.

I tell you all, I was about to go nuts from all the blizzards and such, which explains why I was starting to post rants and crying threads, LOL! Now, I am pretending it is Spring now, if only for a little while. Dang I enjoyed this day!
I'm glad to hear some of you have gotten a break from the cold too! How long is this supposed to last?

My little Sis from Rapid City said it was 48 recently. She said it was windy there too. I bet this wind will blow the heat through a pile of states...
and may your state be next :happy:

·
Registered
1,056 Posts
It's gonna be 36* today :banana02:! I'm waiting for our oil company serviceman to arrive....finally rescheduled at midnight last night(my 'window' was 2-8 pm). So many folks here have frozen oil pipes, and the servicepeople are working like mad to get everyone warm and toasty. I have a small home, so 2 little space heaters, a heating pad and keeping the oven door open at 350* is making it quite managable(and forcing me to stay in my computer chair..LOL). I can't even fathom how the homeless survived this past week :(.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts