Thornless red raspberries

Discussion in 'Gardening & Plant Propagation' started by Michael W. Smith, Feb 7, 2004.

1. Michael W. Smith

Michael W. Smith Well-Known Member

Noticed in the Gurney's catalog that they have thornless red raspberries. Does anyone know if they produce as much as a variety that has thorns? I'm gonna give it a try anyway - have to get something different while using up the $20.00 coupon!!
    3 for $8.95 but I'm sure once they get going, they can be split up like other raspberries.

2. kathy H

kathy H kathyh

Let us know how they do.

3. as i look at the picture of the mammoth red raspberries. they don't look like they have thorns like blackberries. but they also look like all the other rasberries out there. small tiny thorns, for lack of a better word. they don't really hurt , but they do stick you.

randy

4. Michael W. Smith

I didn't look to close at the picture. I will have to look tonight. I don't have any red raspberries anyway, so I guess it doesn't matter.

5. randy in central missouri

randy in central missouri Well-Known Member

hey michael,

i tried to private message you, but your box is full.

i will double the amount of red raspberry plants you get from gurneys, if you would use your coupon to buy me some things from their catalog. mine are not thornless, but they are real hardy and produce well. PM me if your interested

randy in central missouri

6. Michael W. Smith

My mailbox was all filled up, but it's now taken care of! I already sent in my order, but if your looking to order from Gurney's, if you do a search on Gurney's, there are a couple places you can order through that you will get the coupon. Good luck.