Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Over the course of the past couple fall seasons, I have found my desire for female companionship increases - meaning that I am more willing to pursue and/or date as we head into fall vs the spring and summer. Maybe it is because spring and summmer are too busy with farm, work and kid-related activities or maybe it is the shortened days that elicit the reaction. Have any of you others noticed the same thoughts/feelings? It will be interesting to hear what you have to say.

·
Poo Fairy
6,495 Posts
Spring and Summer with the longer daylight I keep myself busy. The shorter days in the Fall and winter, starts me yearning for cuddles, human contact, and companionship. Which reminds me I need new fluffy pillows.....LOL!!!

·
Premium Member
1,718 Posts
I feel it in the spring when everything is coming alive and is full of promise. In the winter I'm usually shoveling snow, scraping ice and snow off the car and breathing a huge sigh of relief when I've made it home in one piece :)

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
I have that desire during the summer months when the music venues start, and everyone is out touring the winery's and going to concerts. It is also beach weather, and orchard weather. I miss going to the orchards, picking fruits and veggies, coming home, canning and grilling. Having someone do that with was fun and I miss it. I also miss the back yard bbq's and road trips.

I LOVE fall, but fall is more my time. That is when I come out to play so to speak and start doing yard work, garden type stuff, pumpkin patch trips and hayrides. Fall is also crazy busy because I have my job, am going to school and on the weekends I am spending at the property getting it ready for building.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I know what you mean Sass....my desire for male companionship greatly increases this time of year. Fall is just a snugly time. I want to snuggle 'round the fire, snuggle whilst watching a good movie, snuggle coz it's chilli in them cold sheets......

I associate Fall with warmth of all kinds, and a time to be close to someone. In the summer it's hot, and just not the same. Love Fall, but feel the alone-ness of it all acutely.

·
Premium Member
3,739 Posts
Yeah, fall is kinda snuggle weather, wrap up in a comforter, watch movies, hike the trails, have campfires, s'mores, hayrides, pumpkin patch trips, sip coffee outside while watching the leaves fall, crunch and giggle in said leaves, make hot coco and go for road trips, smell sweet bakes goodies, fall farmer market trips. Okay, it all sounds good in my dream world.

·
Shut the front door!
15,001 Posts
I love the fall, the crisp in the air, the scents, the colors.....and the food. OH I love the food.
I find in the fall I want to bake and cook more....I spend more at the grocery store, and I definitely cook and bake more.

I have never had that "snugglely, let's have a bon-fire, closeness" so I don't 'miss it'......but man, I'd sure like to try it. Sounds very comforting.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts