Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In case you missed it:

I have entered another contest on fabrics-store.com for sewing things with linen. This time, I entered a set of Viking clothes I made for my dear Philip. I designed and sewed his clothes out of linen, and handwove the trim on his tunic and hat. And I wove the strips around his lower legs with a pattern drafted from a fragment of wool found in a Viking Age grave. (Leg bands, they are called.)

Voting started last night, and I am still on the first page-- about 14th place. However, I want to be in first! Please go vote for me! Vote for the most handsome Viking if nothing else!

You can vote for me once every 24 hours per e-mail address. You do need to register, but they don't send any spammy mail.

Thanks so much!

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,672 Posts
I can't register either. It just keeps taking me to the same "register" screen.

Reactions: Marchwind

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Hmmm... I got an e-mail back from them and they are going to look into it. Meanwhile, they said that if you were registered before, or if you register new, it will send you an e-mail with a link to confirm your e-mail address. You have to click on this link or nothing will happen. It might go to your spam folder.

This is too difficult for people who would rather sew or knit than battle technology.

·
Fiber Arts forum Mod.
11,519 Posts
I couldn't remember my password either and the reset password they sent wouldn't work, I tried twice the other day. I have other email addies I can use if I have to.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I'm pretty techy, too, since it's what I spend a chunk of my work day doing. I won't send me an email with my pw or a link I can use to set a new one. It won't let me re-register because it says my email has already been used. :(

·
Premium Member
4,634 Posts
tried to vote this morning, wouldn't recognize my password, so I clicked for 'forgot password'. Email was sent, I changed my password and I tried to vote this afternoon, but it kept saying I had to use the link in the confirmation email. Confirmation email was finally sent tonight. :shrug:

So, anyway, I'm voting for you, Kelsey, but they sure aren't making it easy!

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I sent them an email and explained my woes. Maybe they will fix something. When I just clicked on the link now it took me to the page and it said I was logged in and my name was there...but it won't let me vote without confirming my email address which I can't do because I haven't gotten the email. UGH.

·
Registered
3,362 Posts
I got an email back from them and they said this:

"There is a welcome email that goes out and then there should be another email waiting in your inbox "Confirm Your Email Address". If you can not find it,
you can make a second request for this letter. To make a request you will need to click the Vote button then you will see a
Popup window "Your email address is not confirmed yet. Please confirm your email address to continue using The Studio.

I hope this helps but will also send information over to my technical department but please advise if after this process you are still unable to sign in.

I apologize for any inconvenience."

I replied that I was already registered and was not looking for a welcome letter but rather to have my pw sent to me. I gave sent screen shots as well. I sure enough get the pop up but there is no option to re-request any confirmation email. :(

1 - 20 of 94 Posts