This Seasons Craze for Pregnant Ducks

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by FolioMark, Apr 29, 2005.

1. FolioMark

FolioMark In Remembrance

illinois but i have a homestead building in missou
    The thread about the Kittens in the flower pot prompted me to post these two news tidbits this morning.

Seems a mother duck has set up a nursery in a large flower pot in front of the Ritz Carlton Hotel in Georgetown and the Ritz is giving her the deluxe treatment. Theyve set up a velvet rope and are feeding her special bottled water and cracked corn in silver dishes and have even trained a security camera on the nest to keep out the riffraff. Oh yes and in sympathy, the chef has temporarily taken duck off the menu. Heres a link to a pic: http://www.wltx.com/assetpool/images/054268616_washington_duck.gif

And Another momma duck has set up housekeeping in the mulch pile near the front door of the Treasury Building where she is being guarded by the Secret Service and receiving visits from Duck ahhh I mean Dick Cheney. Our tax dollar at work.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/04/08/treasury.duck.ap/index.html

Could this be a trend. Is this whats meant by a lame duck congress? :rolleyes: :haha:

2. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

How neat! Gotta love a duck with dedication. Amazing that she is putting up with all the activity and sticking with the job.

3. hatwoman22

hatwoman22 Well-Known Member

Reminds me of something I saw on tv, one of those funniest home vidios. A momma duck and her flock of about 8 I think got caught in the school, the janitor and I think the principal where hearding her and her flock through the hallways past lockers out the front door. Cute little things, hilirous to see a bunch of grown men with hats and brooms walking stooped down gently flagging the critters in front of them.

4. comfortablynumb

comfortablynumb Well-Known Member

all my ducks do is lay piles of eggs everywhere and dont sit on them.

yes I have males, 4 girls and 4 boys.

I think maybe they are special ed ducks or something.

5. OldYellersGhost

OldYellersGhost Well-Known Member

Then maybe one of your ducks was this one, CN...
    Yesterday I saw a duck walk from a city park, and cross the street to a car wash stall. It was the funniest thing.