Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
34,279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Cures the illness from that pill.

How much medicine is out there that address symptoms of other meds?

In a clinical study, 7 out of 10 people taking INGREZZA® (valbenazine) capsules 80 mg saw improvements in TD movements at 6 weeks—and many started to see results as soon as 2 weeks.

If you or someone you care for has been diagnosed with treatment-resistant, severe schizophrenia, you should know about CLOZARIL and how it may help in the treatment of this type of mental illness.

Use INGREZZA to fix CLOZARIL

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
Wouldn't one personality be wanting to take the drugs, while some of the other personalities would object ?

·
Premium Member
27,077 Posts
There is big money in making medicine that fixes problems caused by other medicine.

Narcotic pain medication tends to make people constipated. Doctors recommend medication to relieve constipation. They don't tell patients to eat fruit or drink more fluids to help, just take the pill.

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
I used to be, and still am, I guess, a believer in modern medicine.

rather than the old tree doctor remedies.

but the older I get and the more I see, the more value I see in the old home remedy stuff, and the less respect I can muster for the big money, increase the insurance funding side of big medicine.

I don’t need to be 100% one or the other. I’ve certainly moved closer to the center over time.

Paul

·
Registered
2,292 Posts
There is big money in making medicine that fixes problems caused by other medicine.

Narcotic pain medication tends to make people constipated. Doctors recommend medication to relieve constipation. They don't tell patients to eat fruit or drink more fluids to help, just take the pill.
In general, medical docs are taught that if a med causes a side effect, stop the drug. ..I noticed thru the yrs tho that psychiatrists are apparently taught that if the drug doesn;t work, start another one, but don't stop the first, and if the first one caused a side effect, give a pill for the side effect. It's not unusual to see psych pts on 10 different drugs- most of which failed to help the pt.

The two specific things above are problematic. Psycho-active drug can cause tardive dyskinesis, which unfortunatley dosn't go away once you get it-- with or with out the offending drug, so finding a med to help is a God-send (TD is a really nasty thing to have.)..

...and the constipation from narcotics is neurological so fluids/fruit juices & such don't usually work except in the mildest of cases....Pain being what it is, pts that require more than just a couple doses have to decide between treating the pain and treating the constipation vigorously or just enduring the pain...If they could endure it in the first place, then they didn't need the drug.

·
Premium Member
27,077 Posts
Good point doc, psych drugs are a different story than other drugs. Stopping some psych drugs cold turkey can cause other serious complications.

TD is probably the worst side effect of psych drugs.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts