this mornings new baby goat adventures - with pictures!

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Paul Wheaton, Jan 5, 2004.

1. Paul Wheaton

Paul Wheaton Well-Known Member

2. big rockpile

big rockpile If I need a Shelter

I think that is one place I would of had my Does kidding later.I had 30 Does and there is no way it would work out in the house.

I would always bring my Does into the Barn when they was about ready,soon as they would Kid make sure everything was going good,let it warm a little and they were out the door in the pasture.

I always had a couple Kids in the house or in a small shed,if I had trouble with the Doe.Wife woke me up one morning stuck 5 Kids in Bed with me and left.

big rockpile

3. cowgirlone

cowgirlone Well-Known Member

They are so cute!! Thanks for posting the pics! :D

4. Paul Wheaton

We were expecting these babies in September. We introduced a young buck to the ladies last Spring and figured on September babies. We left the buck in for about four months and then sold him in August thinking that he did his job.

Turns out that he may have been shooting blanks for a while there. He was a little young, but we didn't think he was that young!

Every year so far we've had goat babies in January. We've gotta be smarter about this!

5. MelissaW

MelissaW Well-Known Member

They are beautiful! I'd take that little black and tan nubian with the white on it's face in a second! I cry every time I see an animal born. What a miracle!

6. Sis

Sis Active Member

I LOVE IT!!! My husband wont let me bring anything in ( if he knows it) No livestock in the house. I showed him your pictures. Aren't they cute? He said that is why you aren't bringing any in the house. :haha:
    Those little critters are seriously adorable. I could just see him stumbling into the bathroom at 5a.m. and finding those in there. :eek: Or going into the diningroom for breakfast and having both mommas sitted at the table " Pass the sugar ple-e-e-e-ase. :haha:
    Thanks for shareing.

7. BamaSuzy

BamaSuzy Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the link to the photos! I saved them to my computer to show my husband later today!

It is going down to 14 tomorrow night in north Bama so I have my rabbits bedded down with hay but will put more in their hutches tomorrow in their bunny barn.

Those goats are SO CUTE! thanks again for brightening my day!

8. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

Paul, I never thought I would meet someone as crazy as me- but there you are. Loved the story, the plot, and the photos. Thanks!

9. mary,tx

mary,tx Well-Known Member Supporter

Gorgeous goats! I've never brought the mamas in but I brought both sets of kids in for awhile. We used a big plastic tub with hay in it, in the washroom.
    Each time they had bottles, they were taken out, and dutifully peed before coming back into their tub. Made it so's I didn't have to clean it up so often.
    mary

10. Dawndra

Dawndra I'm back

those are some cute kids! now my girls think they need to let the goat in the house... OYE!

11. mamabeart00

mamabeart00 Suburban Homesteader

All 9 of our kids born this past Novemeber have been into the house to get cleaned up and loved on. We had 3 set of twins and 3 single births. We did have some one buy two of our oldest kids, her doe and kidded the same day as these were born. The grandkids had cried so hard because the little ones were sold, that our neighbor bought two of ours and her doe and grandkids took them like fish to water. We get to go and visit them as often as we like.

There is nothing like a new baby. My husband hasn't been thrilled with the goats coming up to the house, because now they come up to the door expecting to be let in for a little while. Our dog loves the kids, however he has to be kept away from the does he will chase them to the ends of the earth. I had apparently not gotten one spot on one of the kids and he licked the kid clean, her momma decided later that a little more cleaning was definitely necessary, probably didn't like the smell of dog breath.

Tammy

12. Paul Wheaton

If you follow the link at the top .... we moved the goats back to the goat shed and two other does had babies. More pictures!