Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Brawn's marker arrived in the mail today. It is a dog angel and the plaque reads "Our buddy Brawn Jan. 09, 2009".

I do not think I'm going to tell hubby for a few days. He is in so much physical pain right now he doesn't need extra emotional pain. I'm sure Brawn wouldn't mind. If he were here right now he'd be sitting next to the bed with his head resting on hubby's arm.

·
Registered
24,108 Posts
That's a good idea Ravenlost...wait til he feels better. With the painkillers he is on you probably don't want to mess with his head too much. He needs rest.

·
In Memorium
15,516 Posts
Brawn's marker arrived in the mail today. It is a dog angel and the plaque reads "Our buddy Brawn Jan. 09, 2009".

I do not think I'm going to tell hubby for a few days. He is in so much physical pain right now he doesn't need extra emotional pain. I'm sure Brawn wouldn't mind. If he were here right now he'd be sitting next to the bed with his head resting on hubby's arm.
It wouldn't surprise me if Brawn's spirit is there with your hubby right now.

·
Registered
453 Posts
I didn't know about this until reading this thread.. I am so sorry for your losses.. I hope your husband is doing better too. Bless you all..

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
It IS hard to deal with. It took me a long time to be able to look at Toby's marker that my Dad made for the grave. I can't see any harm in waiting until your DH is feeling better and stronger, before you put it in place. Maybe just tuck it away somewhere, for now.

·
Premium Member
24,573 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hubby and I were watching the moon come up the other night and I told him that every time I see a full moon I will think it's Brawn's big goofy white face looking down on us.

There was a full moon the day Brawn was killed. It was quite a lunar event for 2009...the moon looked huge and it helped us get Brawn home that night.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts