Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok not sure how to classify this but to me this is an essential prepper (woman) necessity. My dilemma is my greenhouses are totally off the grid and a bit away from 'civilization.' So when nature calls, I've used the compost bucket (which has to be cleaned) or just 'squatted' in near by woods. Regrets for being too descriptive but I HATE having to drop my pants (don't like feeling vulnerable...butt cheeks in the open :/ & always concerned about ticks.). So a week ago I was glancing around the internet & found PStyle. (Big online store carries it.) I bought it & have used it for the past 48 hrs. It's great & I'm happy that I don't have to feel vulnerable any more. Just suggesting the outdoors women check it out. Unless there is something better out there???

·
Original recipe!
14,044 Posts
I would be interested in one of those. Truly.
And I have thought about it for a while now.

My issue is .um...the amount of force with which my body expels the liquid.
I am not a tinkler.
No matter what I do there is splash back etc..
And no.. I have tried to lessen the force, but that makes everything even worse.

If I know I am going out (which I haven't in years) I just withhold liquids to lessen the need.

Plus.. what if you blow out a knee or something and the squat isn't really possible?
An injured knee or ankle is a real possibility, so yeah.. we should all buy something like this.

Oh.. and I know this is totally TMI, but we're all adults and I can't be the only one. :)

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, I read several camping sites & saw the go girl. I've tried that but it was so awkward (still had to lower the jeans :/ ) I hunt with my DH sometimes & being in a group ( mostly men at times) I just didn't like the go girl.
I think for me the PStyle works (tried with my insulated overalls ... Success!). Understand that the design doesn't work for everyone.
Regrets for the taboo subject but folks, particularly women, don't always have a bucket or wearing skirts. I'm in my fifties & my knees are already feeling the age so squatting isn't an option for me.
Thanks for everyone's input. I truly appreciate different perspectives ... Even this basic subject.

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
this aint taboo subject....you shoulda seen the bladder enema hydration thread and video i done one time....roflmao.

guys reading this...heres something to put back for your female friends,wives,neighbors and daughters...along with devia cups and tampons and surf boards.will make things easier in future and maybe now even.

·
de oppresso liber
16,876 Posts
There are bunches of things like that out there but the wife just uses a transmission funnel. One advantage of using it is she use a bottle. You can get them at wally world for a buck or so

·
Premium Member
5,081 Posts
Maybe it's just because I've worked in the medical field for 30+ years, but I don't consider these types of things taboo subjects. They're all part of basic human function and shouldn't be anything to be embarrassed about or ashamed of, and I for one think it's time men stopped being so squeamish about it, lol. Good for you guys who have already evolved! And yeah, you can count on Elk for some pretty graphic videos, lol. He's definitely a modern male and very open-minded about this stuff. :)

I don't have any of these yet, but have been seriously contemplating which one to get. I already have a bum leg due to a six-part fracture and multiple surgeries which made it worse instead of better. The ankle on that side doesn't bend much, plus I have a trick knee on the other side, never know when it's going to act up. So squatting, at least low enough to keep from splashing, is out for me. I appreciate reviews from women who have actually used these and their reasons for liking or disliking them.

Watcher, now that's what I call homestead ingenuity, lol! Never would have thought of that in a million years, but what a cheap alternative! May have to try that one out, ha! Tell your wife thank you! :)

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
I just see it as one more thing to carry... I just squat. When backpacking I am already carring enough stuff. Beside it seems inevitable for me to backpack during that time of month. It. Never. Fails. I pick a date to go backpacking and that when aunt flo decides to come LOL

Though there is a way a woman can pee standing up with no devices

I havent practiced yet.

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
Y'all really can't make wee-wee in the woods without some form of technological device?
you better go read proverbs...something about being on a roof or attic...lol

Reactions: calliemoonbeam

·
Premium Member
23,896 Posts
I just see it as one more thing to carry... I just squat. When backpacking I am already carring enough stuff. Beside it seems inevitable for me to backpack during that time of month. It. Never. Fails. I pick a date to go backpacking and that when aunt flo decides to come LOL

Though there is a way a woman can pee standing up with no devices

I havent practiced yet.
Ha! Back when I was training race horses,bodybuilding and shooting comp. archery,70's 80's some smart jerk of a guy somewhere would always make a anti-woman comment, I'd come back with the wee-wee contest statement on how I could probably beat them at that too...:facepalm:

·
Registered
13,422 Posts
Can't hold it like men can Ernie,esp. if they have had children. Getting the pants down can be futile, esp when one hears water running.
Got to work on them Kagel exercises! My wife has pumped out 5 little ones (all big healthy ones) and she can still glare at me and squirm in her seat while I pass 100 miles of truck stops when we travel.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts