Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guy we met one time his pickup broke down call wanting us to use our road service to get him a tow.

Told him after Church. Well guess he found someone else but still awful bold of him.

big rockpile

·
Banned
8,092 Posts
Your 'rates' must have been very reasonable Rock . . .

Reactions: Tricky Grama

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Your 'rates' must have been very reasonable Rock . . .

Truth I was saying no. My wife was saying it was Christian thing to do. I told her no it was me being used but we did say we would even though I didn't want to.

I finally said ok, he got it Towed everyone Happy :rolleyes:

big rockpile

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
How would someone, that you only met once, know that you you had roadside assistance?

I conjecture that, you stole from your provider offering assistance to a third party.
His Daughter probably told him I should have but as it turned out I didn't help him.

I need RS because I can't do a simple task as change a Tire but nice to have anyways.

big rockpile

·
Goshen Farm
7,272 Posts
I have had family ask me to do odd things like that. Kind of like "you have been paying for it and have not used it so you should loan the service to me" I am learning to tell them "sure, it will cost you this much to borrow my service".

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Um---isn't there something wrong about going to church, then stealing towing service from your roadside service company? Wouldn't a simple "NO" have been the right thing to do?

That's what I was telling my wife. :shrug:

big rockpile

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
Um---isn't there something wrong about going to church, then stealing towing service from your roadside service company?

It seems to me more and more people feel entitled to what other people have. Even church people. If you let them they will suck you dry and try to make you feel bad that you are not a "Good Christian" for helping them out.

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
It seems to me more and more people feel entitled to what other people have. Even church people. If you let them they will suck you dry and try to make you feel bad that you are not a "Good Christian" for helping them out.
I try being Head of the House, most the time my wife is not happy but knows I'm right.

Yes and thing is now me being Church Leader it is up to me making decision on what people are able to get and few times I have said no for simple fact some come couple times a year wanting help with the same things, like I have told the others they know these Bills come each year they should make plans ahead of time.

big rockpile

·
Administrator
19,426 Posts
I try being Head of the House, most the time my wife is not happy but knows I'm right.

Yes and thing is now me being Church Leader it is up to me making decision on what people are able to get and few times I have said no for simple fact some come couple times a year wanting help with the same things, like I have told the others they know these Bills come each year they should make plans ahead of time.

big rockpile

I can understand people simply not making enough money to cope with certain big bills but that's for another time and place.

Motor club type insurance for towing us for the card owner and I don't think it's right or fair to use it for unassigned members to reap the benefit while not paying the fees.

·
Registered
551 Posts
Got $50 I can borrow big? :rotfl:

·
Registered
173 Posts
Situations like this are probably why some road service providers put limits on how many times their service can be used a year. It is also reasonable to think that abuse of the service is why AAA & others raise their yearly fees. Any of us that use a road service privider are paying for the moochers and enablers. :rolleyes::grump:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts