Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Waste of bandwidth
10,618 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
More proof that they are evil (As if we needed any):

HAMILTON TOWNSHIP, N.J. (AP) — Santa Claus posed with a very large kitty on his lap — and now, unfortunately, he might need rabies shots.

Jonathan Bebbington was playing the jolly old elf during a Santa Paws photo event at a PetsMart store when he was bitten Sunday on the wrist and hand. The event was to raise money for Penny Angel's Beagle Rescue group.

The cat and owner disappeared after the incident. At least one person thought it was a bobcat, said Joan Kerr, president of Penny Angel's.

"It had absolutely huge paws, like 3 inches around," Kerr said.

The cat, named "Benny," appeared terrified because dogs were nearby, Bebbington, 47, told The Press of Atlantic City.

"It had very powerful jaws and big teeth," he said, estimating the cat weighed about 30 pounds.
From: http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gtzRLvZ0HQYHpClXyQfiRRP3KyMgD95016S01

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
You know, I heard about this incident on the local news... and thought "wait til Oggie hears this..."

·
Banned
2,828 Posts
I was walking down the sidewalk headed towards the Petco in Jonesboro, AR last summer and there was a woman struggling to get a 'kitty' out of her car. The thing sure looked like a bobcat to me; I have seen wild bobcats up close and was positive this was no ordinary kitty.
The other clue was she had a double set of leads on it-one from a collar and another from a harness.

When I saw her headed for the door, I decided I didn't need dog treats that day.:p

·
Registered
293 Posts
Ha, I like the "people should get dogs, cats are too hard to predict" comment on those other boards.

If I bring my cat to a mall and give him to a funny guy in a suit that smells like a million different things, I KNOW he's going to tear some stuff up.

If I bring my dog to a mall he's going to let loose his bowels upon the floor.

See? Not that hard!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts