Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Mother,Artist, Author
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I've been working on trying to market myself, and designing my handbags, and beaded jewelry. I have a few more ideas up my sleeves, so to speak.
Anyway, I am doing the mural at a local church and the special needs director who's been helping me paint offered to help me sell some of my beaded bracelets. She sold three of them for me at $6 each. Not a biggie, but its a start. These are simple bracelets, and the cost is probably 50 cents a bracelet and it takes me less than a 1/2 hour to craft one. Earrings are nothing to do and I sell those for $3.99
Well, she is also on the Band Boosters committee, and her husband is pres. of it and she asked if I could do bracelets and earrings in the schools colors (blue and orange). I gave her a wholesale price of $4 a bracelet and $3 pair of earrings, for a qty. of a dozen each. This is going to earn me $84 for about 7 hours work. I also have another woman who sells Mary Kay, and I gave her two of my quilted cosmetic bags, and some of my jewelry and she is going to sell or try to sell for me. I offered her a small commission of 20%. She is also interested in the bracelets and earrings for the Boosters at the high school in her town which is a neighboring town.

I think I am on the start of something...................

Below is a pic of the bracelet and three style of earrings. She hasn't picked what style yet. But if she doesn't give me a choice by tomorrow she is getting 4 of each style.
Ladies, I would appreciate your input on what earring style you like best. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
I would lean towards the three standed one. Unlike this others the long dangle one with the pearl would come in third on my list. However, to each her own. I would give her the three styles, more choices usually means more sales.

good luck

·
Mother,Artist, Author
3,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the input!!

Single one with the pearl at the end I've been calling a Tigger's Tail, since it kinda looks like Tigger's tail. That one is also my favorite as well, however I think I am definitly going to give her 4 of each design because I think that would up my chances of sales.
Actually the woman who is buying them will be paying me a wholesale price for the 12 earrings and 12 bracelets and reselling them for fundraising for the Boosters. So they will be marketed towards teens.

·
Registered
322 Posts
I like the long one with the pearl, but I have a short neck, and look better with shorter ones. Keep in mind, that we come in different shapes and sizes, so offer several to cover more markets.

I bought some from a woman at work, but had her shorten them for that reason.

Maybe offer some bracelets with an easier to open latch. I have always had a problem with the kind shown...maybe I am just a clutz, but an easier latch or even some made with elastic makes it easier to put on and off.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.