Thinking of Selling My Buck? $?

Discussion in 'Goats' started by JAS, Feb 28, 2005.

1. JAS

JAS Well-Known Member

I am thinking of selling my buck and am not sure what to ask for him--I traded llamas for him so did not pay $$$. Just wondering what to ask for him.

[​IMG]

He is a fullblood Boer out of South African and New Zealand lines.:)

No papers.

Three-years-old.

Proven buck, I have kids out of him running around and the previous owner lives near-by if more history is needed.

His horns are lop-sided due to a fence accident while little and he has pinched ears which he does throw :(

What do you think? Thanks.

2. shorty'smom

shorty'smom Well-Known Member

in my community he might go for 200.00 to 250.00 I like his nice red head. No sign of a white blaze at all? Is there maybe a little star on his forehead even? I wish I lived closer, I'd take him off your hands. He's pretty. I definitely wouldn't let anybody talk me down to less than 150.00 unless I just really wanted to be shed of him? Is he easy to handle, that makes him more valuable IMHO. I big ol buck is a sweetheart. He doesn't scare me a bit, never acts threatening toward me.

3. shorty'smom

shorty'smom Well-Known Member

If he had papers he'd bring more.

4. Lt. Wombat

Lt. Wombat Well-Known Member

Hey Jas, how are things on the east side of the river?

Just an FYI for any folks your way wanting does: We are now within 4 months of our move out of state and have decided that rather than move everyone 1700 miles we are going to sell the entire herd and buy new once we get set up. All the old gals are gone plus the buck kids from this year.

We have left: 1 doe in milk now and 9 more due to kid between April 16 and 30th, all bred to the PB polled Nubian buck, who is also going.

If any of your folks want to see them they're all on the website but not listed as for sale yet (maybe tomorrow if it's a slow day in the clinic).

5. JAS

JAS Well-Known Member

Lt. Wombat, are you moving, too? I am just getting to know goatlady and she is gone this month. I bet it will be hard leaving the Black Hills. Wish I could help you out but need to tighten the belt a bit this summer so I can do some schooling. I am hoping to sell my buck before the summer hits but am keeping all the doelings and a little buckling out of him so should be OK this fall. Hopefully, I will be earning enough money next year (or two) to be able to afford another nice buck. (I need to get a job to support my addictions :haha: )

Good luck with the move.

6. JAS

JAS Well-Known Member

shorty'smom,
    No he does not have any marks on his head, but the little buckling I am keeping out of him has a very dark (almost chocolate) head with a large blaze on the front. I have not had any trouble with him, the previous owner did not either. He does try to rip my coat pocket off (the one I keep treats in :) ). I have gotten traditionals and paints out of him, even an all white, but I suppose the mothers have a little to say about that, too.

Of course I was hoping for a little more, like $300 but in my neck of the woods people don't want to spend $ and I suppose without papers that is high, sigh. I just talked to a friend that said he had someone calling for $5 kids :no: