If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wife brought these Home from the Mennonites $3 a Bucket

big rockpile

T

·
0 Posts
Did you have to supply your own bucket or was that part of the deal?!

I think you got a fine bargain! I think my DH paid $1.38 for ONE tomato at the store today. :flame:

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Tonya got to take the buckets back. :rolleyes: Going to make some Salsa.

big rockpile

·
Registered
7,576 Posts
yup.
They're worth $6 even without the buckets

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
No way, no how. ANd they look so bad. Since we're friends, I'd gladly give you your $6.00 back and take those rotten looking things off your hands. You can even keep the buckets. :)

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sancraft said:
No way, no how. ANd they look so bad. Since we're friends, I'd gladly give you your $6.00 back and take those rotten looking things off your hands. You can even keep the buckets. :)
Well come on up here,we'll work out something :shrug: :p

big rockpile

·
Premium Member
839 Posts
BR you are supposed to grow your own.

I have been canning salsa right and left. Dh's tomatoes sure did good. I haven't counted up to see just how many quarts, I have done so far. I have 5 more batches ready to go tomorrow.

SIL's cucumbers did great and I have been canning pickles galore.

DD and I have been making zuccinni relish. We have more to do.

I did have to buy my bell peppers as ours didn't produce enough. Haven't figured that one out as to why.

·
plains of Colorado
4,134 Posts
Here in Colorado, I still have small green ones on the plant. EVERY yr, it's cover them or pick green & wrap before first frost. My goal this yr was to see a good big ripe one on the vine and I just might do it!

·
If I need a Shelter
21,532 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
BeeFree said:
BR you are supposed to grow your own.

I have been canning salsa right and left. Dh's tomatoes sure did good. I haven't counted up to see just how many quarts, I have done so far. I have 5 more batches ready to go tomorrow.

SIL's cucumbers did great and I have been canning pickles galore.

DD and I have been making zuccinni relish. We have more to do.

I did have to buy my bell peppers as ours didn't produce enough. Haven't figured that one out as to why.
I thought I had Squirrels getting mine.But now I think it is Coons.Only thing is they only like one varirity,the ones I have most of.

big rockpile

1 - 10 of 10 Posts