Things that make ya go hrmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Kazahleenah, Aug 4, 2005.

1. Kazahleenah

Kazahleenah Disgruntled citizen

IDIOTS IN THE NEIGHBORHOOD:
    I live in a semi-rural area. We recently had a new neighbor call the local township administrative office to request the removal of the Deer Crossing sign on our road. The reason: "Too many deer were being hit by cars" and he didn't want them to cross there any more.

IDIOTS IN FOOD SERVICE:
    My daughter went to a local Taco Bell and ordered a taco. She asked the person behind the counter for "minimal lettuce." He said he was sorry, but they only had iceberg. And he was a Kansas City chef!

IDIOT SIGHTING:
    I was at the airport, checking in at the gate, when an airport employee asked, "Has anyone put anything in your baggage without your knowledge?" To which I replied, "If it was without my knowledge, how would I know?" He smiled knowingly and nodded, "That's why we ask." Happened in Birmingham, Ala.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
    The stoplight on the corner buzzes when it's safe to cross the street. I was crossing with an intellectually challenged co-worker of mine when she asked if I knew what the buzzer was for. I explained that it signals blind people when the light is red. Appalled, she responded, "What on earth are blind people doing driving?!" She was a probation officer in Wichita, KS.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
    At a good-bye luncheon for an old and dear co-worker who was leaving the company due to "downsizing," our manager commented cheerfully, "this is fun. We should do this more often." Not a word was spoken. We all just looked at each other with that deer-in-the-headlights stare. This was a bunch at Texas Instruments.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
    I work with an individual who plugged her power strip back into itself and for the life of her couldn't understand why her system would not turn on. A deputy with the Dallas County Sheriff's office, no less.

IDIOT SIGHTING:
    When my husband and I arrived at an automobile dealership to pick up our car, we were told the keys had been locked in it. We went to the service department and found a mechanic working feverishly to unlock the driver's side door. As I watched from the passenger side, I instinctively tried the door handle and discovered that it was unlocked. "Hey," I announced to the technician, "it's open!" To which he replied, "I know - I already got that side." This was at the Ford dealership in Canton, Mississippi!

They walk among us and vote for president, folks. Truly scary....

Kaza

2. coalroadcabin

coalroadcabin Well-Known Member

3. sisterpine

sisterpine Goshen Farm Supporter

ROFLMAO thanks for the giggle - i needed one today as i believe i just failed advanced college algebra !

4. Ruby

Ruby Well-Known Member Supporter

And here's your sign!!!!! :stars:

5. pondszoo

pondszoo Member

Last month I had a baby. Due to how LARGE I was getting the doctor had scheduled an induction. The night before I dislocated my arm and had to have x-rays. After watching me struggle to get up and waddle around the lab, the x-ray tech asked me if there was any chance I could be pregnant...ONLY 9+ MONTHS...

6. mtman

mtman Well-Known Member

there was a threead going on here on education you had i only went to the eighth grade thank god

7. Merrique

Merrique Well-Known Member

My brother used to work the tech support lines at the Dell computer office in South Dakota, he had to answer such questions as:

"It's says to push any key, but I can't find it."

"I broke my cup holder, can I get it replaced? (The cd-rom tray)

"I put my mouse on the screen, but it won't do anything."

Several years I took one of my pygmy goats to the vet. Louie was a buck, had horns, and smelled like a buck. I walked in with him on a lease and a lady at the counter looked at him and asked if it was a baby goat. I explained that it was a pygmy and that he was full grown. The lady nodded, looked at Louie again ( beard, stench and horns) and asked "Is that a dog?"

Just think, these people DRIVE CARS!

8. peanutgreen

peanutgreen Well-Known Member

Thanks for the laugh. :) BTW, maybe we should stop using the term "common sense?"

9. Spotted Crow

Spotted Crow Well-Known Member

I really need to spread this cheer around...
    My neighbour looked at my crowing hen and told her kids not to touch it because it had rabies... :confused:

10. Grandmotherbear

Grandmotherbear Well-Known Member Supporter

My son enlisted a year ago. I am dismayed at some of his stories.
    In basic, they ended with night manuevers/war games. The point man on his squad kept claiming he had "spotted the enemy". "They're right there, man!" DS finally got fed up and went up to see just what he was looking at. "I see them right there, man, I see their spotting lasers all over".
    The point man had apparently never seen FIREFLIES before!

11. mamabear

mamabear Well-Known Member

It never fails that when I teach a rookie class, that I'll have someone make the comment that something should just be "common sense". I reply with the comment:

"If common sense is so common, why don't more people have it?" :rolleyes:

That usually keeps them busy for a while. :baby04:

mamabear

12. idontno

idontno Well-Known Member

I hope you found your way home............................... Some people are dumb..............But R U ?

13. babygoats!

babygoats! Well-Known Member

A friend of mine once asked me how they could send baby chickens through the mail.....how could they POSSIBLY not be squished when they get put into envelopes?!? This woman has a Masters degree...yikes. :stars:

14. katlupe

katlupe Off-The-Grid Homesteader Supporter

We have a friend who went to look at house for rent, that belonged to another friend of our's. She called and talked to my dh and asked, disgustedly, "why would someone with three horses live in a house with one bedroom?"