Things are finally looking up!!!

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Milk n' Honey, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Milk n' Honey

Milk n' Honey Well-Known Member

I just wanted to post a positive note for a change!! Thank God (really) I can do that. All the goats can see now (recovering from pinkeye). There is only a couple of slightly runny eyes and couple of others that the cloudiness is there but faint. Now, if we can just keep everyone healthy. We had a bout of Coccidiosis in a couple of the youngins but thank goodness I caught that and got them treated. I'm pretty sure we are good now. For the first time in a long time, we can go feed and watch them and not have to medicate!! The buck is getting bucky ideas b/c he finally feels better. I've got everyone on CTC crumbles and hopefully, with some luck, we'll have a decent kidding season. Thanks to everyone who helped us, from the bottom of my heart. It means a lot. I don't know what we'd do if it weren't for all of you on this forum. On that note, we are closing the herd....no more additions!! LOL

2. murphyjamie

murphyjamie Well-Known Member

I am very happy to hear that your goats are doing better. Now go out and enjoy the fall weather that is starting to set in and have some quality goat time.

3. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

Good for you! Yes, enjoy your goats and de-stress! I keep a closed herd too and go as long as possible until I need a new buck for my gene pool. I don't plan to add any more does and will not need another buck for a year. If I DO add a goat, I have quanateen pens a great distance from my herd. A closed herd is much safer. You may not realize it, but your "misfortune" has helped people on this forum. Things you may not have thought to do with your new goats and the difficulties it has caused you have been read by others and they learned from you. So all your efforts have not been wasted. Keep posting your happy tales now! :)

4. susanne

susanne Nubian dairy goat breeder

good to hear all is well now :)

5. Sweet Goats

Sweet Goats Cashmere goats

That is Great news. Keep up the good work. :hobbyhors :dance: