They have arrived

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Farmgirl2005, Apr 16, 2005.

1. Farmgirl2005

Farmgirl2005 Well-Known Member

I am so excited i finally got, my fainting goats. They are so adorable. I will post pictures asap. But i need names, i have no idea what to name them, they are three boys so. They are so cute. One has no care in the world it seems, he didnt care when i was laying in their field whats so ever. the other two were like, all defensive adn trying to show they are tough.
    Well i just wanted to say how excited i am, any names will be welcomed.
    Thanks Lyn

2. goatgirl92

goatgirl92 Active Member

What do they look like? it will be easier to name them if we know. Goatgirl

3. Farmgirl2005

The tallest one,all white with black and brown strips on his face, one of the twins is a medium brown, tan and white on the under side, the last one is, dark brown all over, with black socks and a black strip going down his back, he has white spolches on his back end and black type strips on his face. They are all so cute and adorable, just one problem, they want come near a person unless i am a sleep in the pen.Turst me i know this one, and dont ask. The white one has a personality of a bossy one, and think he is little mr. toughguy.The meduim brown one is 2nd in pecking order, he and the white one stand on this dirt hill and would be like " dont mess with us will beat you up" lol. They act like they are so tough, then the dark brown one is like i dont care, attitude, he really doesnt seem to mind me in the pen, and in fact will come up and eat like 5 feet away without a care, while the other 2 are like lookin at me as a idoit for being in their pen. But anyway any advice on how to bond, and names would be greatly appericated.
    Thanks Again,
    Lyn

4. Ellie5

Ellie5 Well-Known Member

Congratulations.

Feed them SMALL amounts of grain from your hand, pretty soon they'll be running to you everytime you walk in their pen (and yelling for you, too!).

5. Farmgirl2005

But thats the thing that wont even come up to me when i have grain, they run away. I do hear them yelling, but i dont think it was for me.
    Lyn
    p.s. i will try it though

6. Farmgirl2005

I have tried it, though it hasnt worked that way i am still trying to get close to them. I walk as far as they let me go and sit there till a) they get tired of me or B) get comfortable enough to walk up to me.
    I am still looking for names, havent found any yet. Any ideas will be greatly appericated.
    Thanks Again Lyn

7. TexCountryWoman

TexCountryWoman Gig'em

Winkin', Blinkin' and Nod....LOL

8. Farmgirl2005

Thats great. i like that kind of it would be funny to call them in, i can see it now lol.
    Thanks Lyn
    P.s i need advice on how too bond, not yet into grain but here is the story;
    They run no sprint from me every time i come into there pen, they stay away. They also do not care wether or not i have grain or hay with me. I sit in their pen for 3 hours or more a day, they just dont seem to be getting used to me, please help i dont know what to do. I really want them to become people goats. They are the cutest things and i really just want to be able to handle them soon as they have to wethered soon.

9. FrogPond

FrogPond Entremanure

How about naming two of them "Rigor" and "Mortise"?

10. Ellie5

Ellie5 Well-Known Member

Here's what worked for me. Instead of spending the time in the pen, I took one goat at a time (away from the other), like at the picnic table or something, and let it lay on my lap, legs dangling. They usually sit pretty quiet like that. I just scratched their ears or belly for a good spell, all the while offering a little grain, potato chip, cheerios, or oatmeal, or even nutridrench-they love that! After 20 minutes or so they'd want to get up & go back, and I let them. I did this every day. After a few weeks of doing that every day, they started balling for me to come get them.

I'm still trying to figure out if that was such a good thing to do or not!?!

11. GrannyG

GrannyG Well-Known Member

Three little goats, Eenie, Meanie, Miney, and they ain't no Mo :haha:

12. animal_kingdom

animal_kingdom Well-Known Member

Charles,
    that's a nice website you have. Thanks for the pic of the Spring Peeper. We have tons of them but haven't taken the time to be still and get a picture.I know they are tiny but I know if we are patient, we will see one.

Just the other day, I told the girls we need to go down over the hill and sit along the water and wait...for hours I'm sure!

I love to hear them.