'They' are probably smuggling marijuana within it ...

Discussion in 'Countryside Families' started by moopups, Nov 17, 2006.

1. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    ...but it appears to be a mobil billboard. A box truck with the rear and sides equipped with a 3 sided vertical changing signs, plus the small space above the cab also carries the same. So the entrepreneur driver/investor is advertising for 12 different business at once while driving on the highway. The signs change about every 5 seconds, via 1/3rd of a circle twist. Mattress sale, dog grooming, hair salon, ect.

How many people see this daily? Apparently more than see a stationary billboard. This is as intrusive as tv or radio, the motion catches your eyes. Maybe such has not yet invaded your area, feel lucky...

2. TNHermit

TNHermit Well-Known Member Supporter

I've seen these on the road. Another way for the industry I hate most to get in your face

3. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

Never heard of it before,dont think I would like it.Yet traveling,might be a fun diversion.

BooBoo

4. dennisjp

dennisjp dennisjp

Might be just fun enough to get you killed.

5. Melissa

Melissa member

What will they think of next? Hopefully there won't be one advertising Victoria's Secret, that might cause a few wrecks!

6. Snowdancer

Snowdancer Well-Known Member

The Car Wraps if that's what these are pay about $300-$450/mo depending on your location and the number of miles you drive per month. There's even places that provide the car while there's others where your car is 'wrapped' in a way that doesn't affect the paint but is able to withstand the daily wear & tear of travel.

I think it would be a great extra income for someone who commutes to a city from their rural life daily. :)

7. SteveD(TX)

SteveD(TX) Well-Known Member

The ones in our areas are huge video billboards, probably 8'x12', on the back of a light delivery truck chassis. Quite common and no more distracting than other billboards. Novel approach, really. Quite an evolution from the old sandwich board signs that became popular during the depression.

8. freeinalaska

freeinalaska Well-Known Member

Hmmmm.....smuggling marijuana would probably be a more worthy endeaver.

9. pancho

pancho Well-Known Member

There is a company near here. Called admobile, it has several trucks. I don't know if the deliver anything or not but they are always on the road.

10. A.T. Hagan

A.T. Hagan Guest

We've got them up here in Gainesville too. They've been around some months now, maybe a year or more. Struck me as particularly crazy when gas was at $3.15 a gallon, but there they were.

.....Alan.

11. cast iron

cast iron Well-Known Member

We have quite a number of those around here. Usually Hummer H2's advertising for the strip clubs.

12. cast iron

cast iron Well-Known Member

I see the billboard trucks around here occasionally.

[​IMG]