Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"Horses will come and go in our lifetime, many will cross our paths only to split at another time. Some will leave us with scars, smiles, tears, and all will part with us after providing us with knowledge no one else could teach.

But there will be a select few, these few will be the ones who never leave. They’ll be the horses that intertwine with our hearts and change us in ways unimaginable. These horses are the ones who can turn a bad day into a good one, who can bring a smile to your face when you’ve been crying all day, make you feel like you’re on top of the world when you were ready to throw your sucker in the dirt.

These are the horses that shape us to who we are, and who we will be.

To each person they’ll mean something different, and if you’re blessed enough to have more than one of these horses, they impact you in different ways. One may be the one you climb on when you hit rock bottom and they’ll remind you what it means to continue on, the other may be the one you go hold when you need something to ground you. And they’ll both, always, remind you what it is to smile. They’ll be there on your worst days and your best. Always, without fail.

These are the horses who love us unconditionally. And the horses we love more than anything else.

I’ll forever hold these horses close. Day by day they’re molding me, showing me things I never knew possible, and been by my side through good and bad. These horses, they owe me nothing, but I owe them everything."

Saw this quote a while ago then forgot about it. Came across it again this morning and figured I should share it with y'all.
Timmy, Poppy, Ali, and Daisy. I will never forget all that you did for me. These horses (and donkey...) have done more for me than I will ever be able to do for them.
Tim taught me to just keep going, and to really learn how to train a horse effectively.
Poppy taught me to NEVER give up on a horse. It broke my heart to see him go, and I swore that day that I would never give up on a horse without trying everything in my power to help him first.
Ali taught me many things. But most importantly. She taught me to trust.
Daisy has taught me many things also. How to push myself out of my comfort zone. How to be calm, yet assertive, and be the leader. She has changed how I think about horses, and it has been amazing to see the progress she has made.

These horses have changed who I am, and they will always be a part of me. I owe so many things to them, and I will never even get to see 3 of them ever again. But I do dream about the day we may one day meet. I will never forget these horses, they will always have a special place in my heart.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts