Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
3,996 Posts
If there is indeed a place for a farmer who stops in the middle of the road to kill a venomous snake, I hope that place is the farm next door to me!! Can't think of a single reason why I would want that thing near my property.
Also, if any of y'all think you're doing any critter a favor by "relocating" it onto my farm, think again!!
If it's tame, animal control is on the way.
If it's a snake, it'll only be here til I can do something with it.
Unlike some of y'all, I have no sympathy for a snake killing any of the animals in my care.

· Premium Member
3,996 Posts
I sounded angry?? lol Not at all, just stating my view as clearly as I thought I could.

We had a few very mean snakes in our barn this year. They killed several half grown chickens that were too big for them to even swallow. I don't know what they were thinking, and if I hadn't seen it, I wouldn't have believed a snake was doing it.
It did not bother my conscience to kill the snakes.
(And if I start seeing rats, I'll buy poison)

I was bothered to see a man condemned in the fashion of "there's a place for" when he obviously thought he was doing someone a favor. Also, in the old days, it was commonly believed that running over a big snake would allow it to get up in your vehicle. May sound stupid, but I've heard it many times.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.