Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,487 Posts
Let me add my view. I have a phobia of snakes. Came from when I was 5 and got bite by a harmless snake after I stuck my hand in a hole to retrive a toy.....and it was curled up in there unknown to me. As a 5 year old, it doesnt matter it is venomous or not. Its a snake and it bit you. And snake bites are painful when they are not venomous. Not life threating, but painful. I since have suffered one as an adult. Accidently cornered on the driveway under a truck tire I was about to change. It got me on the leg. I passed right out. Not a venomous snake, but extremely painful.
Now that I moved my family out to the country I have began to see more snakes. At first I would beg Dh to kill it. Kill it, Kill it and Kill it .... you couldn't get it dead enough for me lol After making him kill 3 in my yard in a few months I came here to post about my rat problem. And now we know why I had a rat problem , dont we? Ive since told Dh just to scoop them up out of the yard and deposit them on the backside of the fence. I come from a long line of snake killers, most were ingorant to the snakes role on this earth. Education is the key. We are educating our children now. We did not put down any more rat posion. I invested in a plastic owl to deter critters around my chicken coop. As well as a flood light. Since then I havent had any rats. When I see a snake I still run screaming in the other direction, I dont think I can change that. :(
Signed,
A Reformed Phobic Snake Hater

· Registered
1,487 Posts
Tango,
We'd love to come for a visit! How about I stand outside the door while my son & you visit the snake room?? LOL
Just before I get accused of child neglect or something worse...I think if you ever took the time (such as I have) to check out Tango's website then you'd know her experience with these animals speak clearly.
In His Name,
Chele

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.