Theo

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Ozarkguy, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Ozarkguy

Ozarkguy Well-Known Member

hehe....I just HAVE to share this with all my on-line friends. This is my doggy THEO, who is now ready to go camping:

[​IMG]

2. nostalgia

nostalgia Well-Known Member

Theo sure is a beauty. But really ozarkguy, should you be making him pack around your teddy bear? ;) :D

Seriously our dog has a furry ball that he takes on camping trips, it's his pillow.

3. Ozarkguy

Code:
    Theo sure is a beauty.
    Thank you very much, from BOTH of us!

Your dog has it's own pillow to bring along? I often wonder who's training who? Funny how they always know when someone in the family will be home soon, or we're going camping, so I should bring my FAVORITE toy along.....

And yes, my secret is out. :) Me 'n my teddy, oh yeah, and THEO have put on many miles together.

Please don't tell anyone. They all think it's HIS security blanket/er, Teddy Bear. :rolleyes:

And what does he use for a pillow? Why ME, of course! :D

4. gobug

gobug Well-Known Member Supporter

Dogs are so serious
    I can see he is ready and knows it
    He has his leash, his pack and is just wondering what the heck you're doing.

5. Ozarkguy

Gobug...aint that the truth!!!

I've looked at that picture many times, and he DOES seem confused, or bored, or something.

"I'm ready. Let's go for crying out loud! HUMANS>..... it takes them SO long to get ready......"

6. MelissaW

MelissaW Well-Known Member

What a cute little puddin'! Who needs a teddy bear when you have a sweet pup like that to cuddle!

7. Cyngbaeld

Cyngbaeld In Remembrance Supporter

Good idea, make him carry his own groceries and canteen. Does he have his own tent and sleeping bag?

8. Tango

Tango Well-Known Member

9. Ozarkguy

Thank ya, thank ya, thank ya. :)

THEO the homestead/family dog has that serious look because he knows something's up. Like "Let's go, already. I got work to do!"

Yes, he does carry his own food, water, treats, dog toys and a snake bite kit in his backpack.

He is 5 months old here, and almost 70 pounds, so I think he might be a bit "much" for a lap dog.

Being a Shepherd/Malamute mix, he has the bloodlines of both a working dog and a sled dog. So of course he is in training to pull a work cart behind him. You don't really expect me to carry all that firewood by myself now, do you? Besides, a dog like him needs to feel "useful" with a job. It's in his genes.

I don't think he needs his own tent. As he gets older and stronger he's part of the night "defense" team, and I'd rather keep him close.

And yes, with all this work and training, he is STILL my little puppy to snuggle with..... :D