Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,683 Posts
Bloomberg's bloomers in a bunch organization have a faction of their anti gun lobby attempting to outlaw sport hunting in many states as one of their efforts to disarm the U.S. populace by eliminating what they claim to be the primary use of shotguns and rifles.

Fortunately voters are opposing Bloomberg's anti 2nd Amendment effort and money on a number of fronts.

Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke who during his first term of office did PSAs requesting Milwaukee County residents to take home defense weapon courses he offered and to arm themselves due to long response times to 911 calls to his department won the democratic primary defeating the Bloomberg organization backed opponent despite being greatly outspent in campaign funding by Bloomy and his minions which as I recall include the mayor of Milwaukee.

I have also read reports that not only is Sheriff Clarke's effort to responsibly and legally arm private citizens to protect themselves, call 911 and how to interact with the deputies when they arrive has not only proven effective, a number of citizens are also signing on to be trained by Sheriff Academy certified instructors as non-paid reserve deputies to help strengthen his budget strapped department.

This state has an amendment on the November ballot protecting sports hunting and fishing worded in such a way to effectively render efforts by the anti 2nd Amendment front moot in a number of firearm and ammunition issues.

·
Unapologetically me
20,942 Posts
Real leaders don't try to disarm their people
We need to elect real leaders, not the self serving hypocrites who now hold our highest offices.

·
Registered
4,724 Posts
The question is, though ... do they have the gumption to do what needs to be done when it needs to be done? Or has processed foods, medically prescribed drugs, fluoride in the water numbed common sense? It would appear so ... as we cling to "waiting until the next election". Nevermind all those who willingly stand in line to register and beg permission.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
For once I have to agree with Deke. You don't have the largest army in the world, China does. That video is just a lot chest-thumping propaganda.

China already has nearly twice the number of both active and reserve military and paramilitary personnel that America does, and India and Korea have approximately the same number as America, give or take a few hundred thousand more or less.

Having a lot of guns in one country doesn't make an army. It's just a lot of guns. Gun ownership and knowing how to hunt does not make a person worthy as a soldier or capable of being in an army, not even a wannabe pseudo-soldier has what it takes. Military training, physical health and ability and the right kind of mind is required as well as military leaders to keep them all organized and maintaining a single purpose.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_countries_by_number_of_military_and_paramilitary_personnel

·
Premium Member
23,896 Posts
Well how many chinese homes have guns. I bet any home within 1 mile of me has enough guns to arm any family of 8 that dosen't have a gun.
I do not know of any person,not one I can think of that would not shoot the enemy if it came on our soil.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
Well how many chinese homes have guns. I bet any home within 1 mile of me has enough guns to arm any family of 8 that dosen't have a gun.
I do not know of any person,not one I can think of that would not shoot the enemy if it came on our soil.
Sure, but so what? I can say the same thing of my own friends and neighbours. That still doesn't make us all into an efficient army with proper military training.

And who cares about how many Chinese homes have guns? Are you planning on invading them and killing them?

That's not the point.

I think it's a huge mistake for people to make videos and post propaganda about how many guns the people of a nation own, and to boast about how that makes them into a big army. If people have to boast about something like that to the rest of the world then to other countries it means there's something wrong with the braggarts and that they're feeling insecure. It also means it's a threat to the rest of the world and that they are not trust worthy. Who can trust somebody that is chest thumping and making threats to them?

·
Registered
3,830 Posts
Sure, but so what? I can say the same thing of my own friends and neighbours. That still doesn't make us all into an efficient army with proper military training.

And who cares about how many Chinese homes have guns? Are you planning on invading them and killing them?

That's not the point.

I think it's a huge mistake for people to make videos and post propaganda about how many guns the people of a nation own, and to boast about how that makes them into a big army. If people have to boast about something like that to the rest of the world then to other countries it means there's something wrong with the braggarts and that they're feeling insecure. It also means it's a threat to the rest of the world and that they are not trust worthy. Who can trust somebody that is chest thumping and making threats to them?
oh geez :facepalm: please quit agreeing with me.

It certainly sounds like someone has feelings of insecurity, but it isn't those who made the vid.

·
Registered
3,591 Posts
oh geez :facepalm: please quit agreeing with me.

It certainly sounds like someone has feelings of insecurity, but it isn't those who made the vid.
Sorry, but I have to agree with you again. There are indeed other people that have feelings of insecurity about the threats and posturing that America poses and people like that won't care about how many guns American homes possess. If their insecurities get the better of them you can count on it they will NOT be retaliating against the ego boosting posturing by putting their own boots on American ground, but will use more insidious means. Then how useful will all those guns be to homeowners when they're fighting an insidious enemy that isn't even visible to shoot at?

·
Premium Member
23,896 Posts

That's not the point.

I think it's a huge mistake for people to make videos and post propaganda about how many guns the people of a nation own, and to boast about how that makes them into a big army. If people have to boast about something like that to the rest of the world then to other countries it means there's something wrong with the braggarts and that they're feeling insecure. It also means it's a threat to the rest of the world and that they are not trust worthy. Who can trust somebody that is chest thumping and making threats to them?[/QUOTE
I think the vid. was about our goverment, not others.

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
Well, all I can say is I know WAY too many good ole boy backwoods ******* hunters that would be so proud to have a trophy wall with 76 terrorists heads hanging on it...

If you made it an unlicensed open season, I'd rather be a terrorist in some other place than the US...

·
Miniature Horse lover
25,219 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, all I can say is I know WAY too many good ole boy backwoods ******* hunters that would be so proud to have a trophy wall with 76 terrorists heads hanging on it...

If you made it an unlicensed open season, I'd rather be a terrorist in some other place than the US...
So true. And who cares how many MAY have guns in China Thats not the point at all.

·
Registered
13,853 Posts
Seems like a moot point, since the only attacks that will ever be made aginst the U.S. will either be nuclear or terrorist, neither of which will be dependent on the total number of guns and the citizen holding them.

Plus, just because one can hunt, doesn't necessarily make them soldier.

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
Nope, they may not be a soldier, but they sure have a lot of patience.. dressing out in the most realistic camo you could want, that matches THEIR woods, not a random government decided pattern... then climbing the highest trees with the best blinds in them.. then waiting hours on end to just see something.... much less get something to shoot... Then don't forget how proud of a shot they are... They don't spray and pray...

Body count is the hunter's pride.. and they know how to wait to be patient and get the best...

·
Registered
8,830 Posts
Seems like a moot point, since the only attacks that will ever be made aginst the U.S. will either be nuclear or terrorist, neither of which will be dependent on the total number of guns and the citizen holding them.

How many thousand x military you think is around with guns . Lot of those at the Alamo weren't soldiers by some peoples standards :hammer:

This ol boy wasn't a soldier either and only had a single shot rifle but look how many kills he racked up
https://www.mca-marines.org/leatherneck/bookreview/jack-hinson-s-one-man-war-civil-war-sniper

Got a neighbor shoots a big fifty you know what that gun will do at 1,000 yards . :thumb:

1 - 20 of 100 Posts