The world is a little brighter this morning.......more Ramblings

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by Jagger, Jun 24, 2004.

1. Jagger

Jagger Well-Known Member

Good morning to all,
    Some interesting change of events have taken place. I have to get ready for work, so ill keep it short. My wife and I were offered a place to live by one of our fellow forum members. There location is in VA. About 350 miles from where we are now. He has offered us an acre of ground, to set up on and use as we see fit. He has offered the use of electricity as well as water hook up.He only ask that we pay a small rent fee and to help pay for the utilities, aside from helping with the chores. The job market has alot to offer in my line of work. Not going to get rich, but the way things sound i should and proably will get a bit higher wage. I was up past 2 am chatting with this person. It's amazing how much we all have in common. I am very excited about all of this. I rose early this morning with a zillion things going thru my mind. I was also told we should proably be able to find us a little homestead of our own. I guess land contract kinda things are common there. It will give us a place to get out of thie city. And look toward the future.

It's truly amazing how things change from one minute to the next. To be worried about what we are going to do. Worrying about where we live. Then the next minute all those things are sunddenly gone. I start having crazy notions run thru my head. To give you a for instance, I was chatting with my new friend last night. At the begging of the conversation i was talking about having a place to live and trying to flesh out his offer. A few minutes later i was talking about the color of his soil and its make up. As well as making plans for a garden. Isn't life funny.

Well im sure ill have more things to say about this. I'm just kinda in a rush this morning. Lots of things to do before the middle of July(when we need to move).

Nothing today but big smiles, and wild dreams. I can't wait to get down there in that part of the country. I want to run those ridges and explore new territory. I guess the fishing is good there too. Life is good, and getting better.

Well i need to stop typing and get ready......

Be good
    And have a great day.......
    Jagger
    :)

2. Congratulations on your new horizons curtousy of the 'new friend'. Ain't people around this board WONDERFUL....

AngieM2

3. coalroadcabin

coalroadcabin Well-Known Member

Glad things have worked out for you! Welcome to VA! :) I'm pretty sure you're gonna like it here.

4. mpillow

mpillow Well-Known Member Supporter

:dance: :dance: :dance:

My hubby says watch out for the snakes....he grew up in Blue Ridge, VA.

We wish you the VERY BEST! It sounds like an oppurtunity of a lifetime!

Gotta love all the nice people on this forum!!! :worship:

5. Blu3duk

Blu3duk Well-Known Member

Good things come to those who wait, but get it in scribble too..... Cover the posterior so to speak.

To the right person i would not hesitate giving someone aq chance to set on an acre, but even so i would want my part scribbled out to to show what i expect, even if no dollars change hands.... labor can be a tricky thing when sharecropping.

Good luck and may this become the start of your prosperous lifestyle.

William

6. nostalgia

nostalgia Well-Known Member

I am so very happy for you and your family Jagger. I have been reading your posts and I personally believe you are a good man. I remember being as young as you and so eager to have a place of my own. God bless the person who has offered their place to you and your family. I hope that you will never forget the person and/or persons who cared enough to take a chance on a stranger and lend them a helping hand up.

I wish you and your family the best. I hope things also work out good for the kind person/persons who have helped, and may you all always be good friends. Keep in touch when you can, I know you are going to be busy for a while. :)

7. sancraft

sancraft Well-Known Member

OMG, you can't beat God giving. Jagger, I have been praying for you and your family. I knew in my heart that things would work out for you. You sound like such a good person and your wife sounds like a strong and supportive woman. I know you will go far and do great things. Much love to you and yours. You give me hope for my own situation. What a wonderful testimony to the love of God for His faithful servants. :worship: