The unthinkable (kind of long)

Discussion in 'Cattle' started by Christina R., Mar 29, 2006.

1. Christina R.

Christina R. Well-Known Member

I'm going to be selling Corabelle and her calf (Opal). When Opal was born something in me spoke to the fact that I needed to be open to keeping her and selling Corabelle. Someone in Flagstaff was the person God brought to be the buyer of "either, or, or both". I've spent the past five months asking God to lead me in this, obviously with a very broken heart. Over the last few weeks I just knew that I should sell them both to this family.

They came by on Sunday and are a great family. The dad's grandparents still live in the neighborhood. It was his grandfather and great grandfather that ran the dairy that was what our whole neighborhood once was. They have five beautiful children that immediately fell in love with my girls. I can tell their oldest girl is going to love Corabelle every bit as much as I do. I'll still get to see my girls, so I think God is just providing them with more room, but in a place close to my home. They are going to pick them up sometime next week.

I don't know why I feel God is telling me to do this, but I've walked with him long enough to know #1 to listen to his voice and #2 that inevitably I will find out why. Even if this is all my imagination, I'd rather err on the side of listening to what I believe is obedience than not listen to it because of misplaced doubt. As heartbroken as I am even while writing this, the neatest thing happened on Sunday. After the family left, and I was sitting on the couch next to Bob, I felt such peace. Even though (in hindsight) I know peace is what you get when you are in God's will, it really blindsided me as peace is the last thing I thought I'd feel.

I'm hoping cattle will still be a part of my life. Bob went to look at dexters with me last week (a miracle in itself) and I think I'm just supposed to have something that fits better into the amount of land we have. Needless to say, keep me in your prayers. Thank you dear ones.

2. momanto

momanto SW FLORIDA HAPPYLAND

His Sheep Know Him And Hear His Voice.

Sometimes We May Never Know The "why" Of Something He Leads Us To Do. But It Is Important To Be Obedient.

The Lord Knows Our Hearts. He Has Led Me To Raise Tame Cattle. The Last Three Sales Of '05 Were Such. They Came To Me, Unbidden. Now, I Have Two Sales Pending For '06 Calves- When They Are Weaned.

Mom

3. Timberline

Timberline Keeper of the Cow

HI Christina. Sounds like the right buyers were sent to you, and your loss is lessened by still being able to see them. Those girls will love and spoil them as you have. Do you still have your goats to keep you busy?

4. Christina R.

Christina R. Well-Known Member

I appreciate you so much, Debbie. I do have Violet, Blackberry, and Diamond to love on. I'm sure they are going to be curious when they notice their buddies are gone. Violet will probably think, "I always new I was the real matriarch around here".

Thank you for the reminder about his sheep knowing his voice, momantoo. I am a very blessed woman.

5. a1cowmilker

a1cowmilker Well-Known Member

Christina,

Thank you for telling us about your struggle to sell. It is truly an encouragement to me as I struggle with keeping or selling my jersey.

I know you loved your cows I know the Lord will bless you in your obedience.

a1cowmilker ( I have got to change that name, it's wishful thinking right now)