Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 58 Posts

·
Original recipe!
14,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We have discussed the social issues surrounding Ebola here, but I don't even think we realized the scope and danger of the stupid.

It may not even take more than 1 death and 2 other cases to do us in.

The stupid is getting painful and dangerous.
Just some examples..
-the Mississippi school where the parents have pulled their kids because the principal went to Zambia. That's 3,000 miles from any Ebola.
-Parents pulling kids out of the nearby high school..just because.
-The teacher not allowed to come to school because she went to Dallas.
-The train station in Dallas that shut down because someone spit.
-The cruise ship debacle.
-The above link about talking about burning someone out.
-The planes..
-The Pentagon.
-The thousands pouring into ERs, the constant stream of terror if anyone does anything.

Un. Believable.
If this keeps going...?
Yep. We may be doomed solely by the stupid.

I am not worried.
I will withhold any true judgments until next week.
To see if it spread to Ohio.
But I am not that concerned that it did.

Still floored by the stupid. I can't even...

·
Premium Member
11,554 Posts
“At first sign of crisis, the ignorant don’t panic because they don’t know what’s going on, and then later they panic precisely because they don’t know what’s going on.
”
― Jarod Kintz, (Author of E-mails from a Madman)

·
Premium Member
12,772 Posts
when confronted by stampeding sheeple...well side step..no reason to waste energy running forward.....so says elkhound.....lol

·
Registered
423 Posts
This is what happens when the American people finally figures out the government will lie to them.. now they don't know what to believe.....

We've known this for some time and have had time to adjust to the thoughts of not having them dictate our every move...

·
Banned
81 Posts
“At first sign of crisis, the ignorant don’t panic because they don’t know what’s going on, and then later they panic precisely because they don’t know what’s going on.
”
― Jarod Kintz, (Author of E-mails from a Madman)
+1 actually.. +2

·
Registered
963 Posts
Forcast, currently aprox. 14 minutes into the video and had to stop to make these comments;

-so far, I think I am going to take his word over everyone else's.
-Notice they were in quarantine and went about their business without the "rest of the world" knowing? For me, that is the root of all my issues on most every subject.
Thank you for posting this.

·
Appalachian American
10,639 Posts
That was the subject of my last blog post. The fear and "hysteria" Obama says we shouldn't give into isn't being caused by Ebola, it's being caused by the fact that so many of the people who are supposed to be managing the public health crisis have "acted stupidly".

·
Banned
16,491 Posts
That was the subject of my last blog post. The fear and "hysteria" Obama says we shouldn't give into isn't being caused by Ebola, it's being caused by the fact that so many of the people who are supposed to be managing the public health crisis have "acted stupidly".

I was going to say that, but you said it better. I posted a similar sentiment on the "Much to do about nothing" thread.
I was hoping that the "stupid" was plain to see on BOTH sides but I see that's not the case..............
No. The stupid.
If someone travels to Zambia and you all but close the school and force that person in quarantine.. that's the stupid.
Straight up.
Would treating a man who died from the disease, without proper training and PPE, then going on an airplane or cruise boat WITHIN the cautionary 21 day monitoring period...........would that qualify as stupid too, or is that what you call "smart"?

:huh:

·
Original recipe!
14,044 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Those 2 things are unrelated.
I am not talking about unprepared medical staff.
I am speaking of the population and the over reaction.

To freak out because someone went to the same continent is stupid.
It is plain geography and most Americans have no idea about geography.
It is like quarantining someone who visited Maine because there was a disease in California. It is the same as punishing someone who visited North America.

And if the hysteria and overreaction continues we will have either a 'cry wolf' situation where when it does pop up again no one treats it properly or
we will have murders committed.
Like the people that wanted to burn down the missionary's house.

·
Registered
963 Posts
33 minutes into the video...he notes once they got involved they made the changes necessary for this disease to burn itself out...our arrogance has done the opposite. MOO (my opinion only).

·
Banned
16,491 Posts
OK, I'll go ahead and requote my post in the other thread........

Although I have seen scams and deceptions run by government officials and private companies alike, I also am keenly aware that the population has a disease with a higher fatality rate than Ebola............
Stupidity.
It is on display every single day all around me, so in spite of my desire to believe this is a gov't conspiracy and Obama is an evil genius, I think the facts will eventually show that he is just an incompetent boob who of course surrounded himself with like minded individuals.

That's why I posted the interview from PBS about the 1st case in Liberia.
Last night on the news a nurse from Dallas finally told about the incompetence at her hospital. I say this because the level of protective gear was about half of what the doctor from the PBS interview said he needed way back when this first started.
I have NO training in biologic epidemics and I even knew that they needed face shields, foot protection (booties) and double or triple layers of gloves.
The nurse showed they had nothing below the knees, just safety glasses and one pair of gloves.
THEN you get to disrobing and disposal.
This show is like a 3 Stooges rerun, only not funny.

Stock up on supplies and education and good luck to all.

·
Banned
16,491 Posts
Those 2 things are unrelated.
I am not talking about unprepared medical staff.
I am speaking of the population and the over reaction.

To freak out because someone went to the same continent is stupid.
It is plain geography and most Americans have no idea about geography.
It is like quarantining someone who visited Maine because there was a disease in California. It is the same as punishing someone who visited North America.

And if the hysteria and overreaction continues we will have either a 'cry wolf' situation where when it does pop up again no one treats it properly or
we will have murders committed.
Like the people that wanted to burn down the missionary's house.

Really? Not related at all?

OK, let's connect the dots.
We're talking about stupid, right?
You're talking about the stupidity of the general population, some of us are talking about the stupidity of those in charge from the POTUS on down the line.
How did those officials get their job?
President ....... elected by the same stupid population.
Appointees........ appointed by the stupid officials elected by the stupid people.
All this stupidity is coming out of the same pot isn't it?

·
Registered
737 Posts
I've been sayin it for years and will continue to say it .... (it is my favorite saying) ....

People are STUPID!

I think I understand what Chickenista is getting at.

Yes, what the hospital did was stupid. But it was in direct relation to someone actually having Ebola.

But I think she's directly referring to what everyone's "response" is to what's going on. The majority of the way people are reacting, with no real reason to, is stupid.

Either way, my favorite saying will remain my favorite saying.

·
Registered
423 Posts
What we are seeing is an informational "war".. and our government isn't winning the battles..

You have on one side the bunker kings.. doors locked, red lights flashing, screaming from the tops of their lungs "Run for the hills, the CDC and government is lying to you"

Then you have the CDC and government health officials and every time their mouth flops to the media they "drop a live grenade" at their own feet..

The CDC, Health officials, and state/city government officials in Dallas has indeed put two nurse's life in danger... with over 100 more being watched in another state.. Until they get their act together and prove "We got this", no one in their right mind would believe a word they say..

1 - 20 of 58 Posts