The story ends...

Discussion in 'Goats' started by tinetine'sgoat, Oct 27, 2005.

1. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

I am not in the most talkative of moods right now, and just wanted everyone to know that we had to take Miracle to the vet, and we still have her, but no babies. Thank you all for the support and advice through all of this. You all are great.

2. holleegee

holleegee Well-Known Member

I am so sorry! We will keep you in our prayers!

3. MissKitty

MissKitty Mrs. no longer OldGrouch.

:( I am so sorry.....This is so sad.........MissKitty

4. susanne

susanne Nubian dairy goat breeder

what happened? this story wass going for so long that i think most want to know.

5. Croenan

Croenan Well-Known Member

I am so sorry and sad to hear. If there is anything we can do, please let us know!

Corrie Ann

6. Loisp

Loisp Active Member

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear that. Please let us know what happened when you feel up to telling us.

7. goatladie

goatladie JustALittleGoatCrazy....

Oh, so sorry to hear that TineTine, but thankful that Miracle is okay....

8. apirlawz

apirlawz playing in the dirt

Oh Tinetine, I'm so sorry! We know you've been looking forward to those babies for so long now. I just hope your little Miracle makes it through ok. And don't worry, we'll all understand if you don't want to talk about this right away.

9. titansrunfarm

titansrunfarm The Awesome PT & Friends

So sorry tinetine, we were all pulling for her and you, so sorry. Glad Miracle is with you though. You are in my thoughts. :(

10. tinetine'sgoat

tinetine'sgoat Luvin' my family in MO

I know you are all curious as to what happened and I will try to explain briefly what the vet said. Miracles labor had quit, so I called the vet and they wanted her in. I took her over and he did x-rays and then said some fancy word which he said was for a baby that was dead and decomposing already. He fixed her up and we were able to bring her home with us. My little ones were with me and I kept all my explanations pretty cut and dry with them so they are pretty oblivious to what actually happened. I am considering getting a couple of little babies since they had their hearts set on them. I hope that answered well enough what happened, I do appreciate everyone of you and all of your help and concern. Better luck next time right...Oh there is one good thing that came out of this, my brother had the big carrier so in order to get Miracle to the vet I had to put her in an extra large tote that we had. Don't worry, laying down she had oodles of room. But my point is I got to say I had a "goat in my tote" a couple of times today and that can make anyone smile. :rolleyes:

11. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

I am SO sorry! I feel like crying right now, that is horrible. I am so sorry that this happend to you. I really quick got on my computer, which only allows me to view stuff briefly, but as soon as I saw the sad face I came into my moms office, told her, and now we are both felling sucky. Hopefully nothing that bad happens to you again, I am so sorry. Sending you BIG cyber hugs from me and my family, hope that nothing else bad happens. At least Miracle is allright. Well I gotta go now, best of wishes, hope that you feel better. Bye.

12. heinola honey

heinola honey Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear about your and Miracles loss, Hopefully you will be able to breed her back and have a good pregnancy and kidding next time!

13. Goat Freak

Goat Freak Slave To Many Animals

I don't know if that is a good idea heinloa, tintine said before that she had had babies but that they had been born dead, that would mean that this is her second time, first with tintine. I do not know if it would be a good idea, 2 out of 2 is pretty bad, the # of pregnacies that resulted in dead babies.

14. lgslgs

lgslgs Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to hear what happened. Thank goodness you still have little Miracle. Our herd offers their condolences and will be saying their prayers for Miracle tonight.

Lynda

15. GoldenWood Farm

GoldenWood Farm Legally blonde! Supporter

Oh no :( :( :( :( :( :( . Tinetine I am so sorry to hear that. I know how much you where wanting babys and the kids also.

*cries*..heres a bunch of hugs coming from me and all my goats. <hugzzzzzz>

MotherClucker

16. pookshollow

pookshollow Pook's Hollow

What a shame, Tinetine. I'm very sorry to hear that. We were all pulling for her. I hope Miracle has a quick recovery, so glad to hear that you didn't lose her as well.

17. midkiffsjoy

midkiffsjoy Bedias, Texas

Mary (my sister) lost her show calf that way (with babies who'd died). Im SO glad Miracle was saved. That is a HUGE blessing, and as terrible as it is that she lost her babies (I am SO sorry), I am SO glad you didnt lose her. It hurt like Heck when we lost Pretty eyes. *lots of hugs*

18. Caprice Acres

Caprice Acres AKA "mygoat" Staff Member Supporter

19. ozark_jewels

ozark_jewels Well-Known Member Supporter

Oh......I am so sorry. Glad you still have Miracle. If this is her second time having dead kids it could be that she is just not cut out to be a mother. We had a pygmy like that.....after three bad births, we just didn't breed her anymore. I am soooo sorry....=(

Emily Dixon
    Ozark Jewels
    Boers, Nubians, Lamanchas and Alpines

20. redcedarfarm

redcedarfarm Active Member

I am so sorry! I had to go out of town and just got home. I have read all the posts and know how you feel about this. My prayers are with you and your family.
    Dawn