Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
25,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Made about even on my chickens, course, that's before commission. Now there taking pics of suspicious looking people when said people write a check. Said if you don't want your pic took, don't buy with a check. Said they took a big hit on several bad checks last month they had to make right.

I was right, the women were wet, but they were cold, as usual, lol, so that didn't help. I didn't buy anything. Hate it when I drive all that way and come home with nothing. IF I come home with anything, ital. be a cold lol.

Broken Arrow has what it calls Rooster Days, along with other Okla towns. Well, Today, Chupps was Rooster days. IF there was 1 there was AT LEAST 500 roosters. I never saw so many there. Seems like also, that when anybody brings chickens there, they think its a law you have to include a rooster with them. I asked a auctioneer, if I bought a pen of chickens, and didn't want the rooster, what could I do. First, he said I couldn't do anything. I started to walk away when he said, you could take the rooster out, and sell him at the end of the line. I said, That wouldn't work, Id only have one crate. He said, yep that's right. All IM selling is chickens he said with a laugh.

Guy told me that at one sale, a guy bought from one row, and swold to another guy standing behind the row ADJOINING. Auctioneer threw him out.
Wonder how ole EJ (Chupp) will feel if he has to start paying his help $15. Likely pay them $8, and take the rest out in milk LOL.

·
Premium Member
25,207 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nope. Sure wanted to, Walked the aisles a doz times easy. ALL of them, that I wanted, not the old heavy breeds, but the young thinner breed, ALL and ANY cage with a chicken in it, had the dubious company of a rooster to. I didn't want to bring another R home, so I didn't get any. Im going to call Fishers tomorrow, and see if its getting firmed up as to when they'll be selling again. I checked CL when I got home. Didn't fine anything there either.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts