Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

While we're showing stuff :) ...this is the small wall quilt I am working on for my parents anniversary. Since I can't be at the surprise party my mom doesn't know about yet (SHHH! Don't tell! LOL), I thought this would be nice--I'll embroider the part in Matthew 19 about what God has joined together, etc. along with their names and the wedding date ('tis been 30 years now). It's not until September and it's a portable project that I can take with me no matter where we live :D

·
Registered
487 Posts
Ruby Jane,

This is very pretty. Your parents are going to love it. Be sure to post another picture when you get the embroidery done. I love looking at everyone's projects.

Winona

·
Premium Member
1,387 Posts
Rubt Jane, I just Love the quilt, I am sure your parents will Love it tooo!!! You are doing beautiful work, please let us see it when you get it finished.
bopeep

·
Registered
1,470 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
CJ said:
I like that a lot! Great color choice, are you going to stitch something in the center block?
Yep--it's just the top in the pic but right now the quilt is in a Q Snap Frame and I am quilting in the ditch and around each heart and house. The middle will get Matthew 19:6 (What God hath put together, let no man put asunder :shrug: I think ) and their names and wedding date.

The fabrics are some extras left over from a line made for breast cancer fundraiser--the deisgners create the fabrics and quilters have been purchasing them to enter a block contest to raise awareness. I also thought they were pretty :eek:

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
Very pretty, I love those colors.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts