The red dot club of one.

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by caballoviejo, Jul 3, 2005.

1. caballoviejo

caballoviejo Well-Known Member

I feel special. I've got a red after my name. As far as I can tell everydoggy else has either a blue dot (the most common) or a greendot (rare and found mostly in G.C.).

Plumb the depths of the dot-color mystery and explain to me my privelege. :)

2. Gayle in KY

Gayle in KY Gadabout

Hold your cursor over the dot and you will see what it means. :)

3. caballoviejo

caballoviejo Well-Known Member

Well shucks, that's not so special, although its neat to be "invisible." I suppose I can now invisibly circumvent the patriot act's rules.

4. papaw

papaw Well-Known Member

So ...what's a RED dot for?

5. Thatch

Thatch Well-Known Member

Nothing if you use Firefox

In IE it designates if you are online or not.

6. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

Im red dot too.National Enquirer,here I come! :D

BooBoo

7. Bladesmith

Bladesmith Well-Known Member

Red dot people are the ones Great Cthulhu will devour last. Ain't you the lucky ones? Unless the Illuminati get ya first. Dinner!!!

8. mightybooboo

We Red dots understand that tinfoil hats really ARE useful afterall.Mine has 2 horns,ala Hagar The Horrible,so i pick up 244 channels of sat TV,plus some messages from space aliens and hemadrones,though Im not really sure I agree with them.With really long horns,properly tuned,you can see shadow people. :rolleyes:

BooBoo

9. Bladesmith

Bladesmith Well-Known Member

Sure, but then they get all stuck in your clothelines and stuff. Plus those insensitive tv watching types yelling "What's in YOUR wallet!?"

On the serious side, what does bing invisible mean on this board anywho?

10. rambler

rambler Well-Known Member Supporter

Ok, I mostly visit this site with my wife's iMac & a rather old version of IE....

So far I enjoy the humor of the replies, but see nothing that actually helps explain the point of the dots??????????

Get nothing when I put the curor on one of any color.

Tried coming here an hour ago, & got a message that the site was being updated on 02-Jun-05 & likely wouldn't be up for the rest of today (it is July 4th as I type this.)..... Most of the icons over on the right side (the smile faces?) are broken red 'X's....

Site is pretty slow loading on my dialup - just like before.

This edit window chops off the first line of what I typed - will not scroll back up to show me the first line, so can't revise or proofread it......

Getting kinda worried about what is happening on this site?????????

--->Paul

11. kesoaps

kesoaps Well-Known Member

Hey, Paul, check your dot when you're online. It shoulld be green. Unless you're red...which means you've chosen to be hidden while you're logged in (or at least that's my best unedgimicated guess!) If a dot is blue, it means the person isn't online at the same time as you. Of course, if they're a red dot person, the rest of us can't see it as anything but blue.... (it's all a conspiracy, if you ask me!)

12. mightybooboo

I have several missing smilies.I didnt know my red dot was blue to others. :rolleyes: Everything else Ive tried works OK.I cant tell any speed differences with DSL,at least at any speed changes that I can comprehend by looking.

Booboo

13. Natureschild

Natureschild Well-Known Member

call me crazy, but this was one of the funniest threads I have read in a long time :D