Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Goshen Farm
7,272 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
and it was interesting to observe It and not take part in it. Mix man with no sleep, two sons with booze before lunch, one son, who while angry with his wife for not pointing out the turn, got a speeding ticket 100 in a 65 zone....shake well and watch it explode. Brother invited his three sons, a wife and 4 little kids, and another couple to the farm for the holiday weekend. I was told they were coming , not asked if I minded. That ticked me off but will deal with it later cause these folks are always welcome here. Husband got mad, his dad got mad and yelled at husbands wife (really uncalled for) Mad husband is learning to deal with bi polar disorder. My nephew took his dad to task for being a turd and this caused his dad to pound his fist into his car door (have not seen it, don't know if I is broke). The dad and the angry son have had no alcohol at all.

I think we can be a reality show. Had my phone in case I needed to phone the cops but no punches were thrown at humans or other live creatures.

Just thought I would share the excitement with you....reminded me of big rock pile and I actually laughed when dad was yelling at DDIL.:catfight:

·
Premium Member
41,037 Posts
A good moat filled with alligators and a draw bridge have been highly recommended to keep situations such as this from happening.
Have you fed an alligator lately? and the epa would get all over you for creating a wetland where there wasnt one.... Do this, it works really well and dont cost you a penny... borrow all the money you can from your rich kinfolk, and lend it to the poor ones.... before long neither one will speak to you and you can go merrily on with your life! :)

·
Registered
2,612 Posts
I knew a guy 'bout 20 years ago that had things like this all the time. He happened to be a gambler and one Saturday night he won a "Lion". Real, live african lion. Well he put up a hasty flimsy cage and brought it home.The enclosure didn't look like it would hold dog.Within a couple weeks all these people that liked to hang out at his place had other things to do so he had no more company. "Getting that lion was the best thing that ever happeneed to me!But it eats a whole box full of chicken every other day!"
He finally got rid of the lion but all the family and friends had developed other relationships and places they would rather be so Now he says that was the turning point to getting his life back!

Wade

·
Be powerful. No other option exists.
40,227 Posts
I'm reflecting on the behavior of some friends who also work for me. Doing a cost/benefit analysis, and it looks like I'm going to move out of those relationships. I do not understand the drama and the need for it.

Where do you buy a lion?

·
Premium Member
9,235 Posts
Way too much drama for me! DH and I joke whenever he ends up having one of his "through clenched teeth" telephone conversations with one of his sons that we're just going to drop a tree down across the road.

Some people do seem to thrive on drama though ... I swear one of the several reasons for my second divorce was the fact I would NOT argue/fight with my husband. Any attempt at an argument was met with my "I can see how you'd feel that way" and nothing further. No yelling. No throwing things. And if it started, I'd go somewhere else. He apparently thrived on it though because his third ex-wife told me later that one of their first fights escalated because she threw something that missed, but dented the new refrigerator his mother had given them and that made the MIL angry.

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
Ahhh, you can choose your friends, you can even pick your enemies but you are stuck with your family. With that thought in mind, I started feeling much better about my family once I gave up all expectations about ever getting along with my sibling and his extended family.:grumble::pound:

Sometimes the best way to get along is to put LOT of miles between you.

·
Premium Member
15,516 Posts
I'm reflecting on the behavior of some friends who also work for me. Doing a cost/benefit analysis, and it looks like I'm going to move out of those relationships. I do not understand the drama and the need for it.

Where do you buy a lion?

You on't need a lion! Just have me come to live with you awhile. :happy:

·
Premium Member
6,011 Posts
I think I would be telling everyone before the next holiday that they are welcome only if they leave their drama at home.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts