Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
has this guy been reading HT or something. Where'd he get such an idea

****He rolls into the parking lot of Leon's Thriftway in an old, maroon Impala with a trunk full of frozen meat. Raccoon — the other dark meat.

In five minutes, Montrose, Mo., trapper Larry Brownsberger is sold out in the lot at 39th Street and Kensington Avenue. Word has gotten around about how clean his frozen raccoon carcasses are. How nicely they’re tucked up in their brown butcher paper. How they almost look like a trussed turkey … or something.

His loyal customers beam as they leave, thinking about the meal they'll soon be eating. ****

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/251/story/59566.html

·
Carpe Vinum
1,735 Posts
Are they tasty? I've heard that groundhogs are greasy and dirty tasting. Never really thought about raccoons, I'd be willing to try it.

·
Registered
320 Posts
**** is good if you know how to cook it, barbeque **** in a crockpot makes a wonderful sandwhich!

·
Registered
2,642 Posts
In a small town not to far from here on the first Monday of every February, people (mostly men and boys) gather for the annual **** supper. My husband and son go every year as do my Father-in-law and other relatives. My husband says it is good, but if you get a bad one it is really bad. This is the same man who I served a plate full of what he thought (I did not say it was beef, he assumed) was beef and noodles. After he ate almost all of it without batting an eye, I informed him it was goat meat from a boer. He said it was good, then put his fork down, took a drink of water and was done. Sigh.....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts