The one that got away

Discussion in 'Shop Talk' started by Lt. Wombat, Sep 30, 2004.

1. Lt. Wombat

Lt. Wombat Well-Known Member

The least/worse vehicle thread got me to thinking about the one that got away. What is the one vehicle in your past that you kick your own butt now for getting rid of?

Mine was the pintochopper :haha:

It was a 1978 Pinto station wagon with the front end removed then a modified chopper style extended frotn end was add on. It had a built 351 Cleveland, C-6 with a manual valve body and Ford 9" rear end. Man could that thing run!! It was a freak in its day but now they are being mass produced (not just Pinto's but other body styles).

Marriage certificate was its death nail. I only hope the kid I sold it too respected it or he's pushing up daiseys somewhere :eek:

2. joan from zone six

joan from zone six Well-Known Member

my favorite vehicles have always been the ones i cannot afford -

3. Ross

Ross Moderator Staff Member Supporter

Neighbor has a 71 Dodge Charger sitting (sorry rusting to nothing) on blocks. He wouldn't sell it when it was worth something and now you'd be lucky to salvage the gas cap. Such a shame because it was in restorable shape once.

4. moopups

moopups In Remembrance

In beautiful downtown Sticks, near Belleview, Fl.
    I had a '53 Ford 1/2 ton pick up, there was a barrel of trash bolted down to the bed complete with a rusted tail pipe sticking upward with tree moss on it, the body was covered with mismatched paint and rust, sheet metal patches, cracked rear window, ect. Under the chained and locked hood was a 390, ported and polished, 750 Holly double pumper, headers with a dump plug, pushing ponys through a 4 speed with a floor shift. This was 30 years back, when you had cars that you could lift the front tires off the pavement at will.

5. mightybooboo

mightybooboo Well-Known Member

The wifes old chevy truck with the wraparound rear windows and a 350/auto.She has pictures,it was fine,she bought a station wagon.
    My 57 MGA.I was a dumb kid who didnt realize what he had.Immaculate,sold it to buy a hearse!Guy sold hearse,i wound up with a Mercury Montclair,YUCK!

BooBoo

6. landlord

landlord Well-Known Member

Dh has a "69" Chevie Impala 2-door hardtop with a 350 and 95,000 actual miles in the shed. But I miss the first one he had, she was a beaut. This one is needing body repair and needs a good home. Our son has one which he has great suspension in the back and dual exhaust, it sort of chortles as it goes down the road.. Love that sound... My first new car was a 72' Maverick with hounds tooth interior. Geez, I was 22 then... sigh, wish I knew then what I know now.
    Wonder what happened to it.
    My very first car was a 49 Plymouth, wish I had that one. Then I drove a 52 ford and some sort of plymouth which had a push button gear shift. I think that is what it was anyhow.
    Now I have an '02' F-150. nice truck, hate the payments.