The Old Mill. (pic)

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by seedspreader, Oct 2, 2006.

1. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

[​IMG]

Just a picture of The Old Mill.

It's funny, I drive down Old Mill Road all the time. The Amish saw mill that I go to is on Old Mill Rd. I've known about the Old Mill forever, they run a small saw mill there also, but I have never stopped. I always sort of thought they weren't milling anymore, but it appears that they still are. I saw some of the bagged mixes in the local general store (I will have to get pics of that for you also). I think I am going to stop in this week and find out how much their pancake mix, buckwheat and whole wheat is.

Do you have any working local mills?

2. Rita

Rita Well-Known Member Supporter

No mills around here and wish there was as I'd like to get some DARK buckwheat flour. All I can find is light and doesn't have the taste. A friend used to bring me some from Canada that was great!

3. fordson major

fordson major construction and Garden b Supporter

there is a historic mill not that far from us, they mill flours but mainly for the tourist trade!! it even has a ghost in residence and a farmers market saturday .

heres a link too a mill locater site http://www.spoom.org/

4. Beltane

Beltane Enjoying Four Seasons

How very neat. Let us know what you end up purchasing. :)

5. Mallow

Mallow Well-Known Member

We just got finished with a local Buckwheat Festival (People will celebrate anything) in my neck of the woods. Not sure if its Dark or Light though. I know it takes some getting used to but it definately is popular around here.

6. seedspreader

seedspreader AFKA ZealYouthGuy

Well, as usual today's plans all fell to hades in a handbasket... but hopefully this week.

Friday and Saturday is the "Apple butter festival" for Chatham township. You know, if you are in NE Ohio, or just passing through or... well, whatever.