Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Lost in the Wiregrass
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
if you remimber not that long ago i posted about the new doe makeing her nest and her silling antics as she gatherd the grass and all that,

well the resulting litter came above ground today and i have got to say they are the CUTEST LITTLE BUGGERS EVER< i might just have to find homes for these instead of eat them lol,

i saw at least two tricolord harlie lookin ones with orange black and white, and a couple aguti lookin ones one with a white blaze on its side, the count is of corse unknown due to only a couple showing them self at one time and they are so tiny compaird to the rest of the crowd (which i hope to be downsizeing tomarrow as i hear freezer camp has some opeinings available)

yes i know i know i will have to get pics as soon as possible, i cant wait to see how these new popples grow out,

·
Lost in the Wiregrass
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

first off here is Weird rabbit, he turned into a rex wouldnt you know, not sure how that happend, i have been trying to get this pic to load onto Photobucket for some time and it just now went so i thought i would share, he has grown a good bit sence this pic was taken,

and here is one of the new little buggers, there are at least 8, two or three are marble colord like this one, the rest are varying shades of aguti chestnutt and chichchilla i think, for such a small doe there sure are alot of little kits showing up, the other litters wont be above ground for at least a week i dont think,

·
Lost in the Wiregrass
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
maggie these are so cute i just dont know if i can bring my self to butcher when the time comes, if i could send them to you i would, most of the kits from my original rabbits come out eather white with black eye liner and ear tips or REW like the weird rabbit, only a few colord rabbits from them, now these are something differint all togather, lol, and they are soo cute bounching around the feed dish and the burrow entrance, just too cute lol,

·
Lost in the Wiregrass
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol he dont give a flip, did you see his pic when he was younger? i think he is the bully of the litter, or maybe just the pig, i couldnt figure out why all the feed would end up out of the big chicken feeder, then heard some noise one morning, this little fella would "DIG" up through all the feed under the angled board that holds it all up in the box and into the top of the feeder, i have had i dont know HOW many kits out there and NONE of them figured this out, untill this little wack job lol, now i have to put a wire screen down alont the opening of the feeder that will keep the rabbits out and still let the chicken feed through,

he sure looks a lot better though now that his sudo rex coat came in,

·
Premium Member
11,103 Posts
Lol, KSALguy, maybe you can sell some as pets and keep the best of the best as breeders. Then maybe you will end up with so many calico bunnies that you won't mind eating some of them.

·
Lost in the Wiregrass
8,877 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
dont think i havent thought of that lol, i am already planing on how i can expand the colony lol, "Bad Bad Nathan, no cookie"

1 - 11 of 11 Posts