Homesteading Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Friends captured these pictures. The elk are on our ridge. The lions are in the neighborhood. So far we've been very lucky and with the exception of the porcupines haven't been bothered. This is why I keep everyone locked up at night and a rifle ready.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We don't hunt or allow others to hunt the elk. We love to watch them and give them sanctuary....the lions and bears on the other hand just make me incredibly nervous.

·
Registered
5,961 Posts
That cat is awesome. I have much respect for them. And I too would be incedibly nervous with them around.

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The neighbor who sent the cat pictures sends me them regularly. He hunts them and I think, partially, he just wants to make me nervous so I'll invite him to hunt on my property. We also have lots of bears. I've been really lucky and in good part I thank my Great Pyrs for keeping them at bay. I would like to let the goats come and go from the barn at night but I'm worried I'll wake up and someone will be missing ....so I lock everyone up at night....

·
Premium Member
4,393 Posts
Hopefully the kitty will hang out with the elk crowd. Dont blem you none for keeping your goats locked up at night even with good protection!

·
My kids have hooves
2,227 Posts
I would faint DEAD AWAY if I saw a kitty like that :eek: The picture sure is cool though. And I love the elk:)

·
stranger than fiction
3,093 Posts
Well, you know: elk herd = thriving cougar population. ;)

I am so glad we don't have cougars here. OMG, if I looked up and saw that hanging from a tree! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I know...sure makes me nervous about my goats. That's why I have fenced areas for them and don't let them have free range of the entire property...and also why I have two Great Pyrs. My dogs work really hard. At least through winter the bears are hibernating.

·
Registered
86 Posts
WOW- that's a nice picture- and a little nerve racking!! I'll say I'd be nervous! You are very blessed to still have all your animals... I want a GP or two-

·
Registered
333 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
WOW- that's a nice picture- and a little nerve racking!! I'll say I'd be nervous! You are very blessed to still have all your animals... I want a GP or two-
If you are anywhere near Colorado I will have a litter coming up. Both Gabby and Cody are wonderful guardians and have great lineage. They are loving and sweet to our family and very protective of our goats. Let me know if you are interested. I can send pictures of the parents to be.....which surely they will.....as my husband felt sorry for Cody and put him in with Gabby. Yesterday there was some romance although Gabby was playing hard to get.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts