Homesteading Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Excellent movie! Rated PG-13.

Set in a 1850's Appalachian community. Good story line. I'd allow my DGS- almost-10 to see it. Directed by Michael Landon Jr.

·
Milk Maid
2,873 Posts
It's a pretty good movie. My two oldest, 10 and 12 watched it with us. It would be a little confusing and probably scary for the younger children.

·
Registered
1,289 Posts
I really enjoyed the book.

·
wife,mom,taxi driver,cook
6,674 Posts
I really liked the movie too. we rented it a few weeks back. the kids didn't watch it though, not cause I thought it was inappropriate but because they had a movie of their own.

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
I loved the book, so when I saw it we rented it. It was pretty good, we both liked it.

·
Registered
189 Posts
DH and I loved the movie--it was very close to the book as well.
Michael Landon (from Little House on the Prairie and Highway to Heaven series)--his son was involved in the production of it.

·
Premium Member
15,516 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
tallpines said:
It is a strange title.
What is the general story line?
Without giving away the story plot too much, it is about a litle girl who lives in an isolated area. I belive it is a Welsh belief that one person is voted to be the Sin Eater and they live a very solitary life and cannot be looked upon or touched. They are summoned to come to a funeral and they take sins away.

It is not gory or gross or frightening. As I said, my DGS could watch it.

An, if it is produced or directed by Michael Landon Jr, you can bet it is Christian.

·
Registered
12,332 Posts
Is this a takeoff on the Night Gallery episode with "johnboy walton" as a sin eater?

·
Premium Member
5,367 Posts
It is based on a Francine Rivers novel, "The Last Sin Eater".

·
Registered
7,100 Posts
I have a TV, its just not connected to anything. I feel at loose when these subjects come up. Is it really worth going back to sin city worth it?

Or should I just go back to the dripping pecan tree, and absorve the rain drippings? As I sit on my little red chair? Can somebody clarifiey the difference between loose and lose?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts