·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
from my email inbox today:

Money This is a money angel... Pass it to 6 of your good friends or
family and be richer in 4 Days. Pass it to 12 of your good friends or
family and be richer in 2 Days. I am not joking. You will find an
unexpected windfall. If you delete it! , you wi ll regret it. Trust me!!!

·
Premium Member
9,239 Posts
Gotcha one better. Snail mail brought us the Holy Handkerchief. I could NOT make this up!
What they sent was an 8 .5 x 11 paper with a border printed all around it. That was the Holy Handkerchief. You are to print your "desire" on it, put it under your pillow for a night, then send with a "seed blessing donation" and the name and address -include zip code-of 3 "close friends" who need divine intervention.
This is the second time we got the "Holy Handkerchirf" in a couple of years.

·
writing some wrongs
6,873 Posts
Wind in Her Hair said:
yikes...as if God's angels have nothing better to do than grant foolish wishes...yikes.
I have to take issue with this -- I don't know about angels, but recently our pastor did a homily opining that we shouldn't reserve our prayers for things we thought deserved a prayer, you know, the big things. That it was okay to pray for dumb little things like money (outside of greed, of course) or a sunny day for a picnic...and said his wife sometimes prayed for good parking spots. :) Said that God is big enough that he can handle the big things and still have plenty of time for the little ones too.

Just a digression...

That said...I hate chain letters :)

·
Columnist, Feature Writer
4,568 Posts
Grandmotherbear said:
Gotcha one better. Snail mail brought us the Holy Handkerchief. I could NOT make this up!
What they sent was an 8 .5 x 11 paper with a border printed all around it. That was the Holy Handkerchief. You are to print your "desire" on it, put it under your pillow for a night, then send with a "seed blessing donation" and the name and address -include zip code-of 3 "close friends" who need divine intervention.
This is the second time we got the "Holy Handkerchirf" in a couple of years.
Sounds like a great thing to save for when you have one of those nasty winter colds.

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yep...email chain letters go directly to the virtual trash...I did once do a 'lottery ticket' snail mail chain....I dutifully sent the person on the top of the list a lottery ticket and when I sent out my 5 letters, I dutifully sent the $1 scratcher in them....ya know cause I did scratch the one that was sent to me......

I try not to pray for frivolous things.....when we were very poor and barely making ends meet, I did pray for more money/wiggle room/new job/etc

Rachel

·
Banned
5,942 Posts
Hmm I prefer diamond futures

for only 19.95 plus shipping and handling I'll be happy to send you your very own future diamond . just follow the instructions and you can be the proud owner of a 7-8 caret diamond :rolleyes:

·
Banned
5,942 Posts
edayna said:
What's that, Pyro? A lump of coal? Dang, so THAT's what Santa's been putting in my stocking all these years, a future diamond. :)
here you get the :icecream:
yeap a lump of coal and directions

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
I just love (not) getting those e-mail chain letters that tell about someone being engaged getting the same e-mail and didn't respond and three hours later her fiance is run over by a big truck or another gets the same e-mail and doesn't respond and their house burns down or another doesn't respond and they lose their job...etc, etc., etc.

I wonder what have I done to these people for them to want to "curse" me like that. I send them back to the original sender and usually ask why they would send me that kind of junk. LOL

southrngardngal-Jan

1 - 10 of 10 Posts