Homesteading Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
3,337 Posts
This was done in elementary schools - teaching children the evils of smoking, then the kids going home and telling parents they're evil for smoking.
Yep - or because you're not recycling, because you're not saving the rainforest, because you're eating meat.........

·
newfieannie
9,925 Posts
i'm worried they will refuse to do my surgery on my eyes if they find out i haven't been vaccinated. i expect anything with the way it is around here anymore. i wouldn't even be able to go to another country to have it i dont think because i heard somewhere you will have to show proof to fly. i guess i'll deal with it when the time comes but i'm still not sure what i will do if i'm forced to. i wont like it and i dont want to do it but i might have to. ~Georgia

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
i'm worried they will refuse to do my surgery on my eyes if they find out i haven't been vaccinated. i expect anything with the way it is around here anymore. i wouldn't even be able to go to another country to have it i dont think because i heard somewhere you will have to show proof to fly. i guess i'll deal with it when the time comes but i'm still not sure what i will do if i'm forced to. i wont like it and i dont want to do it but i might have to. ~Georgia
I found out this morning an organization I volunteer for wont let me put in volunteer hours at the farmer's market booth or in any public venues without being vaccinated. And I got to thinking about it.... maybe they don't deserve my time anyway. Maybe that time is better spent with my kids, or at my job, or studying for school.... My time is stretched pretty thin these says and is valuable to me and I don't have much tolerance for that kind of BS.
It seems so divisive. Those elitist snobs, lol

·
Registered
33,460 Posts
This was done in elementary schools - teaching children the evils of smoking, then the kids going home and telling parents they're evil for smoking.
My Dad was visiting us. He, my son and I went to the oil change place. It was Saturday, kinda busy. My son was kindergarten, first grade or so. He announced loudly to the room full of people that his Grandpa did drugs, and sometimes his dad did too. As everyone's eyes were on Dad and I, my son went on to explain he was talking about cigarettes..

·
newfieannie
9,925 Posts
my brother in nfld was adament he wasn't going to take the vaccine but his son made an appointment for him and wouldn't take no for an answer so he went and got one to keep the peace in the family. i told my son when he was here yesterday putting moulding on my door dont even think about doing that to me. ~Georgia

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
"ImmunaBand's second function is to show an outward display that a person has been fully vaccinated, thus making them safe to be near. "

But that's just it, it doesn't stop you from spreading the plague if you have it...

I have been vaccinated but wouldn't be caught dead wearing one of those.
I found out this morning an organization I volunteer for wont let me put in volunteer hours at the farmer's market booth or in any public venues without being vaccinated. And I got to thinking about it.... maybe they don't deserve my time anyway. Maybe that time is better spent with my kids, or at my job, or studying for school.... My time is stretched pretty thin these says and is valuable to me and I don't have much tolerance for that kind of BS.
It really is non of their darn business... I would not volunteer either. I must admit I am a spiteful enough not to go to any of their venues either (man I am getting old and grumpy)=-)

·
Registered
11,756 Posts

·
Registered
845 Posts
My wife was an EMT on our volunteer fire department. The county asked if she was going to get vaccinated. She told them no. She is no longer an EMT or allowed to go on calls. OK, see ya!

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
My wife was an EMT on our volunteer fire department. The county asked if she was going to get vaccinated. She told them no. She is no longer an EMT or allowed to go on calls. OK, see ya!
Kind of an outrageous thing to ask of people who give their time, knowledge and effort for free. I really, really hope those who are against being vaccinated begin to push back against these "requirements".
My university I was planning on transferring to next year decided they were going to mandate vaccinations for students a few weeks ago. I changed my education plan to include a horticulture certificate on top of my degree instead of complying. For $14k a year minimum tuition I had damned well better be allowed to have a say in my vaccination status. I think their overall enrollment may plummet soon.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I'll be an outcast.
No vaccine
No bands
Nothing
Just looked down on as a poor uninformed goofball
Poor me
I predict that within 6 months or so every person will be required BY LAW to have the vaccine and show proof when going out in public. And that we will have a mark placed on our bodies. The only place I will miss is the food store and I will wear a mask there. Haven't been to Wally World in over a year. Just ordered all my cat's needs online, got the same brands as in the store. I bought her a new scratch post and a new toy (extras) but saved 17.00 because I bought in bulk. It cost less for all of the things I use regularly than the store.

Is anyone that voted for Biden now second guessing their choice? I am NOT a Trump voter BTW. Hang on, kids, the fun has just begun.

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
21 - 39 of 39 Posts