Homesteading Forum banner

The Maple Rebellion

2K views 54 replies 17 participants last post by  JeffreyD 
#1 ·
Canada’s Liberal government prepares to launch the first phase of the mandatory buyback, several provinces and territories say they won’t help.

The most strident opponents, including the United Conservative Party government in Alberta, are suggesting the Royal Canadian Mounted Police “refuse to participate.” Tyler Shandro, the province’s justice minister, declared the buyback was not “an objective, priority or goal” of the province or its Mounties. Alberta, he said, is “not legally obligated to provide resources for it.”

Saskatchewan, Manitoba and New Brunswick have also balked at using “scarce RCMP resources” for the program.
“New Brunswick’s bottom line is this: RCMP resources are spread thin as it is,” said Kris Austin, the province’s public safety minister. “We have made it clear to the government of Canada that we cannot condone any use of those limited resources, at all, in their planned buyback program.”

#2 ·
Justin Trudeau continues to say he wants to fight disinformation — when his government is one of the biggest pushers of disinformation. This week, the prime minister stood in the House and told an outright lie while his government accused the Conservative opposition of fearmongering. “Let’s be crystal clear, we are not targeting owners of hunting rifles,” Trudeau said. “We know that assault-style weapons have no place in our society.”

The Webley & Scott Wild Fowl gun is an old British shotgun used for hunting waterfowl. It’s not even made anymore and is more likely to be spotted in an episode of The Crown or Downton Abbey than at any Canadian crime scene.

This is specifically a hunting shotgun that the government is banning to stop crime while claiming they are not banning hunting rifles or shotguns. It’s not the only example, there are hundreds more just like it — guns used for hunting or predator control on farms that have no history of crime use in Canada. But, says Justin Trudeau, they aren’t going after hunters.

#3 ·
I think before people get their knickers in a twist they should wait to see if Bill C-21 and its proposed amendments ever gets passed. What's being discussed in the above article is being discussed using inflammatory language and as though it's already a done deal. It isn't a done deal, it's still on the table.

And if approved in parliament it still won't be passed or passed over until Royal Assent from Canada's monarch is a yea or a nay. None of the provinces' respective governments and none of the RCMP are obligated to do anything until Royal Assent is given so it's probably best to wait and see what happens in that regard too.

#4 ·
According to C-21, it seems like anyone could have your guns removed from your possession, at any time, and you would not ever be able to find out who or why your guns were confiscated.

"The new "red flag" law would:

• Enable anyone to make an application to a court for an emergency weapons prohibition order (red flag) to immediately remove firearms, for up to 30 days, from:
    • an individual who may pose a danger to themselves or others; and
    • an individual who may be at risk of providing access to firearms to another person who is already subject to a weapons prohibition order.
  • Protect the safety of "red flag" applicants and those known to them, if needed, by giving a judge the option to:
    • close a "red flag" hearing's proceedings to the public and media;
    • seal the court documents for up to 30 days, or remove any information that could identify the applicant for any period of time that the judge deems necessary, including on a permanent basis."

I am glad I don't live in Canada.

#12 ·
Amazing thing I saw on Twitter the other day. French people handing over unregistered firearms. The number of guns is astonishing, though I will have to admit it isn't on our level of astonishing... Yet someone who was all for it said "they have very few shootings, now they will even fewer."

So you're saying they had millions of unregistered firearms, and very few shootings, so maybe the presence of guns isn't the issue? And you're saying that they should hand over their guns for safety, even though they have very few shootings.................. It's almost like what scares you is another persons power to refuse.

#18 ·
Canada is lost
When Canada did not launch a rebellion the second that their overlords began grieving their deceased old broad, I knew all I needed to know.
LOL. I never thought I'd say something like this but I admit I'm proud of you guys this time round.

It takes a big man with strength of character to be able to admit defeat to what you think is a lost cause and even more character to admit to defeat by the people you consider to be your inferiors.

Well said, boys. Well said indeed. (y) :giggle:

#24 · (Edited)
No. And I speak in person the same way I write. In fact they tend to get closer and closer and I often have to take steps to preserve personal space. I already have a loud voice so I know that it's got nothing to do with their hearing. I suspect if you were to meet me in person you would unconsciously get drawn in too without realizing you were getting closer. But I don't know if that would make any difference to your intellectual interests or comprehension.

This is just one of many times that you've commented about how very difficult it is for you to absorb or comprehend my writings. I hope you don't have similar comprehension problems with other people that you know in person. If it does cause problems with other people the only suggestion I can make is that you should take plenty of daily vitamin D to help clear away brain fog. Maybe also eat some foods that are high in anti-oxidants. You could drink gingko biloba tea as well. And cut back on your THC intake.

If your comprehension problem is just with me and nobody else then I'd suggest you do what I suggested to Pony and put me on your ignore list. It worked a treat for Pony. Then you won't ever see any of my posts and you won't have to feel compelled to tell me for the umpteenth time that I just boggled your brain again o_O. Putting me on ignore would kill two birds with one stone for both of us. Right? It won't offend me and I won't mind if you do that. :giggle:

#37 ·
This doesn't make sense and is more proof that he's becoming increasingly delusional. There is no reason for any college of psychologists to make such a demand because none of the colleges have anything to do with him, he's already a done deal and gone.

He says in one of his tweets there that "I am to take a course of such training (with reports documenting my "progress" or face an in-person tribunal and suspension of my right to operate as a licensed clinical psychologist."

The poor man has become so delusional he seems to have forgotten that he's already been there, done that a few years ago and was booted out. He already did face an in-person tribunal and already had his license revoked, never to be regained. He already was suspended of any rights to operate as a licensed clinical psychologist because of his unethical medical and teaching practises and his drug addictions and for writing unauthorized prescriptions for drugs for himself.

His title is Professor Emeritus which is an honorary title only that simply means retired professor. He's not licensed to practise in the field of clinical psychology or any other medical practise in either Canada or USA and no other country outside of North America will even allow him to give lectures as a retired, unlicensed professor. The guy is totally financially dependent on the support of his cult followers on social media and on his online video lectures that he produces for his cult followers.

He can say what he wants because he has the right of free speech and that's including his delusional lies for those who want to believe his lies. But all the colleges that revoked his license and gave him the boot also have the right of free speech, they can say what they want to say about him as well and I'm pretty sure there's more truth coming from the colleges than there is coming from him.

The guy is a bona fide fruit cake and his cult of followers are just as nutty as he is.

#42 ·
The battle of Vimy Ridge took place from April 9th to 12th of 1917. USA was not neutral by three days and that was only on paper at the time of Vimy Ridge. USA had decided to drop its neutrality only 3 days before Vimy Ridge but USA wasn't over there or actively involved yet in WW1.

President Woodrow Wilson had pledged neutrality in 1914 but by 3 years later Germany had caused so much damage to American merchant ships in waters around Britain and Europe that by the first week of April 1917 Wilson asked U.S. Congress for a war to end all wars that would make the world safe for democracy. The U.S. Congress did not vote to declare war on Germany until April 6th, 1917 and USA had been neutral and not been involved before that.

#45 ·
Former Premier of Newfoundland -

What is this country coming to?

A man who is a household name across the Globe.

A person who stands for common sense and writes books detailing that.

Oh! And he was raised in a democratic country where expressing your views, exercising free speech, was a given.

And now the silly so called professional association of Ontario wants to try and destroy him. They tried before. Didn’t work out well for them, then, and it will not now!

Now some jealous, attention seeking individuals contact this professional organization and seek his professional scalp because a doctor of psychology expresses his views.

And the incompetent, wok soaking, professional association has nothing better to do than pursue petty word play accusations laid against an honourable man who has the gall to speak truth and boldly express that in public.

#50 ·
LOL. No, I don't see any point in it.

What I want to know is what does wok soaking mean?

In your country it would those immersed in the cult of Trudeau

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.