The little polled Boer is close...

Discussion in 'Goats' started by Wingdo, Oct 28, 2006.

1. Wingdo

Wingdo Well-Known Member Supporter

I'm looking very much forward to "Baby" kidding, and very soon I may add! She's got that "cow in the 9th" waddle going on about her, and I swear, I don't see how she gets up and down! I'm hoping this is the first kid/kids out of Billy Bob (BB), our new FB SA/Boer buckl... although it doesn't matter too much. At least if she has kids out of our old buck, maybe they'll be does and I can breed them back to BB as a reward for all our efforts.

Funny thing... I heard her crying this afternoon, which is very unusual for her, so I went out to see what was up in a pouring rain. I found her with her head hanging to the floor over in a corner just bleating for all she was worth. Then she heard me and raised her head and came running over and put her head in my jacket pocket. I almost felt guilty for leaving her an hour later, as she was still wanting to snuggle, and I was tired. Her name "Baby" came for a reason. The first day I brought her home, she had her head in my jacket pocket and she cried for hours when I had to leave her in the field with those mean old perverted older does and that ornery buck that looked like he was ready to play a game of pool, or do some serious pole vaulting, at any time!

I'll try to get the delivery in photos, but it's so muddy right now, it's all I can do to keep my boots and my footing; let alone hold a camera and keep Baby's head out of my pocket!

2. Faithful Heart

Faithful Heart Well-Known Member

I, for one, am really looking forward to the pics and the rest of the story. :)

3. GoatLove

GoatLove Well-Known Member

Yes, please let us know what happened!! Good luck :)

4. delphinium

delphinium Well-Known Member

5. Wingdo

Wingdo Well-Known Member Supporter

Nope... there has been a noticable change tho. Instead of big, fat and round, she now looks like everything fell to her gut! Even my wife said she looks so much thinner today, until she looked at her broadside!

Something else... I noticed her bag wasn't as tight today, and where she had 2 teats and a nubbin three weeks ago, she now has 3 1/2! What is this all about? I've never heard/seen such a thing, and I've been around hooved animals all my life! Is this for real or has my meds started really screwing with my head?