The last road ?

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by herefordman, Jan 21, 2005.

1. herefordman

herefordman Well-Known Member

A lady died recently and when she went to the gates at St. Peters, she was first directed to a waiting room.
    She stood in line waiting her turn patiently, when she noticed, on the other side of the room there was another line, with another large group of people lined up.
    To her surprise, there he was, "The Dark Prince" at the front of the line, gleefully throwing the sorry souls into the fires below.
    But she noticed that every once in a while he would look at one of the people next up, and instead of throwing them in the fire he would set them aside with a disgusted look.
    Curiosity finally got the better of her, and when she got to the front of her line, she asked St.Peter, "Why does he keep setting some of those people aside like that instead of throwing them into the fire ?"
    St. Peter smiled and said, "Those people are from Vancouver, they're too wet to burn".
    :)

2. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

I can relate to that. St. Peter's work is never done but he does get surprises ever once in a while as to who shows up at the gates. :D

The Pope dies of old age and finds himself at the Gates of Heaven at 0300. He knocks on the gate and a very sleepy-eyed watchman opens the gate and asks, "Wadda ya want?"

"I'm the recently deceased Pope and have done 63 years of Godly work and thought I should check in here." The watchman checks his clipboard and says, "I ain't got no orders for you here -- just bring your stuff and we'll sort this all out in the morning." They go to an old World War II-style barracks, third floor, open bay. All the bottom racks are taken and all empty lockers have no doors. The Pope stows his gear under a rack and climbs into an upper bunk.

The next morning he awakens to sounds of cheering and clapping. He get up and goes to a window and sees a flashy Jaguar convertible parading down the clouds from the golden headquarters building. The sidewalks are lined with saints and angels cheering and tossing confetti. In the back seat sits a old Submariner, his dolphins glistening on his chest, a cigar in his mouth, a stubby of XXXX in one hand, and his arm around a voluptuous blonde angel with magnificent halos.

This disturbs the Pope and he runs downstairs to the Master-At-Arms and says, "Hey, what gives? You put me, the Pope, with 63 years of Godly deeds in an open bay barracks while this Submariner, who must have committed every sin known and unknown to man is staying in a mansion on the hill and getting a saint's welcome. How can that be?"

The watchman calmly looks up and says, "We get a Pope up here every 20 or 30 years, but we've never had a Submariner before."

3. bigrandy

bigrandy Member

As an ex Submariner I resemble that remark (uss George Washington ssbn-598)
    ps My oldest son leaves wednesday for duty in Iraq with Iowa national guard God Bless our troops

4. Cosmic

Cosmic Well-Known Member

Yup, USS Nathan Hale SSBN-623, USS Carp SS-338, I just want a bottom rack and a locker with the door. Suppose being number two, means no ride in the Jag. :haha:

God Bless the Troops, doing far more than their share on this little adventure. They definitely need our support.

5. MorrisonCorner

MorrisonCorner Mansfield, VT for 200 yrs

My husband (sigh) resembles that too...

At least in his youth. He's been much improved by marriage!

;-)

6. to live free

to live free Well-Known Member

USS Kamehameha SSN 642 here thats funny. hope i get at least a bicycle when i get there if i do

7. Don Armstrong

Don Armstrong In Remembrance

I really appreciate that the rare ones to heaven like 4-X. It's one of the great Australian beers.