The Kindness of Strangers

Discussion in 'Homesteading Questions' started by donsgal, Dec 5, 2006.

1. donsgal

donsgal Nohoa Homestead

Today while heading out on icy roads to get some work done, in the blink of an eye my car ended up in the ditch and no power on earth was going to move it.

A couple of young men in their late teens saw the show and came running out to make sure we were ok and help if they could. One of them called a neighbor near by who fired up the old John Deere and towed us out without a second thought.

We offered money to compensate for time and trouble but he wouldn't hear of it.

Thanks goes out to Mr. Long on Highway E in Granby and the two neighbor boys who helped. How touching to experience the kindness of strangers. I hope that one day I shall have the chance to pay it forward.

Donsgal

2. culpeper

culpeper Well-Known Member

How very nice! You may not have the opportunity to help these particular kind people, but random acts of kindness do tend to reverberate around the world. One day, before too long, you'll see someone needing help, and you'll give it, and then they'll feel good about it and do something for someone else. And so it goes. I believe in 'what goes around, comes around'. One day, those people who helped you will be repaid - not necessarily by you.

3. grannygardner

grannygardner Well-Known Member

Your post reinforces my belief that most teens are good kids, it's the ones that aren't that get all the attention. Glad you are okay.

As culpeper said, a good deed passed on tends to snowball.

4. Spotted Crow

Spotted Crow Well-Known Member

That's awesome! The other day there was a lady that was lost and I tried to give direction to where she wanted to go, but I said to heck with it and had her follow me there.
    Doing good deeds gives me a warm and fuzzy feeling...of course, it could be the chicken on my lap...

5. snoozy

snoozy Well-Known Member Supporter

A couple of loaves of fresh-baked homemade bread wouldn't go amiss there, I'll bet! ;)

6. BeeFree

BeeFree Well-Known Member Supporter

Sure glad you all are ok. I didn't realize it was still on the roads up that way.

We see St Louis on the news but they dont show the Springfield and Branson areas.